My 3xgreat grandmother was Margaret Jones (nee Evans (1812-1860). She married Thomas Jones in August 1837 and their eldest son (William) was born in 1838. I have tried to find this family on 1841 Census, but to no success. I have found Margaret on the 1851 Census with two younger sons (Henry and (Charles) Thomas). I know that Thomas died in 1887 but have been unable to find him on the 1851 Census. Also i have been unable to find my 2xgreat grandfather William on the 1851 Census. My great grandmother wrote an account of her family in 1951 which said that her father went to a small private school until he was 12 and then became an apprentice before enlisting in Bristol at the age of 18.

Can anyone help as to where I may be able to find any further information on Margaret Evans, and where Thomas and William maybe on the 1851 Census.

My greatgrandmother also stated that Margaret Evan's mother died in August 1837, and I would appreciate any advice on following Margaret's family back if at all possible.

Many thanks