Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lizzy9

I'm making a pig's ear of this, sorry!

I'll but out now, and maybe a member who has Scottish ancestry will step in and help.

jenn2427

???????hmmmmmm.....no one ever said genealogy is easy haha. well, those names meant something. just have to figure out something about them

jenn2427

Lizzy,

What does "a pig's" ear mean? lol I am taking everyone's advice. it's tricky.

jenn2427

I will see if i can find this family in the census Lizzy!

jenn2427

bumer

Knowledgeable and helpful

I don't know. If Christina was in service, she could easily moved to a different city to the address of her employer.

I just checked, and wasn't able to find any baptism for a Christina Gall that fits, and I checked for Christina daughter of William and Christina nee Hall, and Christina daughter of William and Christina nee Davidson.

I did find the marriage of William Gall and Christina Hall, though, 30 June 1836, Aberdeen; looking at the marriage gave me no further information, not even if either had been married before. Though, thinking back to the census ages of Christina (c. 1816), it doesn't seem likely.

Lizzy9

Aw Jen, bless you for not feeling frustrated by my 'useless' input - I do try!!!!!!!!!

'Making a pigs ear' means ............ making a mess of.

jenn2427

Hmm........yes that could be the correct family except her fathers name is Thomas not william

jenn2427

@Lizzy9 I appreciate it. If you need any help, i am very good with research in america just not britain or europe.

Are you english?

Lizzy9

Looking for English or Welsh ancestors when using Ancestry or FMP allows one to do a fuzzy search and then possibly find ones' ancestors under a mistranscribed name; without access to Scotlands Peoples original recods the same isn't possible. There's many names on census returns which are difficult to read and it follows have been mistranscribed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast