Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jenn2427

Hello Tanya,

You are absolutely correct. i put 1839 because according to the date of her marriage and her age, she would've been born around 1839. but on the census she listed her year of birth as AUG of 1842. And the other thing is that her father's name was THOMAS gall not William. but i will look into this further

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by jenn2427 View Post
    Hello Tanya,

You are absolutely correct. i put 1839 because according to the date of her marriage and her age, she would've been born around 1839. but on the census she listed her year of birth as AUG of 1842. And the other thing is that her father's name was THOMAS gall not William. but i will look into this further
    I know. Got too excited as I said.

jenn2427

Tanya,

Also, on the people who have her listed in a family tree say her lat name was Hall. My christina's mother was CHRISTINA DAVIDSON who married THOMAS GALL.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Tanya,

Also, on the people who have her listed in a family tree say her lat name was Hall. My christina's mother was CHRISTINA DAVIDSON who married THOMAS GALL.
    I was hoping that, maybe, Christina Hall had been married before, and that either Hall or Davidson was a previous married name.

Ok, ok, I got it wrong. Stop reminding me! (joking)

jenn2427

lol

Bertie

on 08 JAN 1863 my 2nd great grandmother was married at the High Church,Glasgow,Lanark,Scotland.
    I have tried getting onto Scot's People but unfortunately am not able. A friend was able to and did not give me any details other than her parents as Thomas Gall and Christina Davidson.
    Hi Jennie

What you have above is I suspect just the Familysearch entry for this marriage. It is important to know that High Church was NOT a church but a Registration District covering many different parishes / churches. So, I strongly suggest you get the marriage record from Scotlandspeople for a very modest sum and let us know the details it contains. Scottish marriage records are far more detailed than English ones to boot!

Why can you not get onto Scotlandspeople?

Bertie

Worth noting the birth of their son:

nameWilliam Rennie
    genderMale
    birth date25 Jun 1864
    birthplaceHIGH CHURCH,GLASGOW,LANARK,SCOTLAND
    father's nameWilliam Rennie
    mother's nameChristina Gall
    indexing project (batch) numberC11918-1
    system originScotland-ODM
    gs film number6035516

It appears he (did not get) married in Michigan:

nameWilliam Bennie
    age (expanded)26 years
    birth year1864
    birthplaceScotland
    spouse's nameMarian Beller
    spouse's age (expanded)22 years
    spouse's birth year1868
    spouse's birthplaceDetroit, Wayne, Michigan
    event date08 Sep 1890
    event placeClinton, Michigan
    father's nameWilliam Bennie
    mother's nameChristina Gall
    spouse's father's nameJacob Beller
    spouse's mother's nameJanette Allen
    gs film number2342487
    digital folder number4207811
    reference idv 1 p 332 rn 651

As the actual image (on Familysearch) states "returned not married".

There are other Michigan marriages for their children incl. Henry (born c.1870 Canada); Mary (born c.1868 Canada). Interestingly, Mary's marriage states mother is Christina G Gall (a propos of poss. sighting in 1861 in the Rennie household)

Also note Christian and Christina can be somewhat interchaangeable in Scotland so a poss. 1861 census record might be:

nameChristian Gall
    event typeCensus
    event date1861
    genderFemale
    age20
    birthplaceAberdeenshire
    registration districtThe Whole Parish Of Fyvie
    countyAberdeenshire
    birth year (estimated)1841
    gs film number103780

Coromandel

Over on Jennie's other thread (now closed) t@nya checked the marriage details on Scotland's People:

Willliam Rennie was a night constable, Christina Gall a domestic servant, both living at 120 Rotten Avenue, Glasgow.

Christina's father was Thomas Gall, a labourer, and her mother Christina Gall, formerly Davidson.

Witnesses were Alexander Rennie and Isabelle Rennie.

jenn2427

Hello Bertie,

I signed up for the site but when i tried to purchase credits for some reason it was'nt allowing me to.

Bertie

In post #9 above there is mention of the 1900 Census: this is (to be clear) USA, Michigan. The family have immigrated to the USA in c.1882.

The birth of daughter Mary in 1890 states mother as Christie RENNIE, as Christian per marriage of son Henry in 1891 and Christine per marriage of son William in 1890. So other poss. name variations to look for her in Scotland at least for 1851 & 1861

In 1900:
    Christina is shown born Aug 1842 Scotland age 57 married 35 years
    William is shown born Oct 1830 Scotland age 69 a Day Laborer (was a Machinist per daughter's birth record in 1890)

Now, it is just a possibility that William is:

Name: William Rennie
    Event Type: Census
    Event Date: 1861
    Birthplace: Midlothian
    Registration District: High Church
    County:Lanarkshire
    Birth Year (Estimated):1831
    GS Film number:103851

Christina is likely to be nearby? NB: my suggestion for her in 1861 in Fyvie is wrong as Christian HUNTER married William GALL there in 1859 and she is there in 1861 with likely 2 children.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast