Isambard

Default Alfred John Parsons, Bristol

Alfred John Parsons, b. 1851 Clifton, married Florinda Mary Heward Holloway, b. 1868 Barnstaple, in Bristol June 1899.

Alfred appears to have been married previously, to Mary Short, Clifton, June 1868 vol 6a page 187. In 1871 two children are listed, Emily and Alfred H. In 1881 four children are listed, Emily, Alfred, Alice and Charles.

Alfred and Florinda M.H. Holloway appear to have had only one child, Florinda Olive Parsons, b. Bristol Sept 1900 vol 6a page 155

Alfred appears to have died at age 72, Bristol, Sept 1923 vol 6a page 148. Florinda M.H. Parsons died at age 76, Walsall, March 1945 vol 6b page 885.

I have not found Mary (Short) Parson’s death.

Any comments appreciated. 

Lizzy9

Hi Isambard,

Mary and some of the children are on the 1891 census where Mary is 'living apart from her husband' so she and Alfred had separated by then.

St Philip and St Jacob, Gloucestershire. RG12; Piece: 1984; Folio: 66; Page: 13

Mary Parson 42
    Alice M Parson 14
    Charles H Parson 13
    Florence S Parson 9

Alfred is a lodger here ..... RG12; Piece: 1951; Folio: 33; Page: 25

Lizzy9

In 1901, Florence is with her grandparents' RG13; Piece: 2388; Folio: 175; Page: 22

John Short 73
    Esther Short 72
    Martha Short 39
    Florence Parsons 19
    Elizabeth A Fink 24

Lizzy9

This could be Mary's death registration.

Mary Parsons, born abt 1849, Oct - Dec 1898, age at death 49, Barton Regis, Gloucestershire, 6a/94

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
    Alfred John Parsons, b. 1851 Clifton, married Florinda Mary Heward Holloway, b. 1868 Barnstaple, in Bristol June 1899.
    Do you have their marriage certificate?

Lizzy9

Alfred and Florinda M.H. Holloway appear to have had only one child, Florinda Olive Parsons,
    Alfred and Florinda also have a son, Alfred Edward Parsons aged 8 (Bristol) according to the 1911 census.

RG14; Piece: 15085, RD 319,

Have you seen the marriages for some of Alfred and Mary's children on family search https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ion_id=1718965

Isambard

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Do you have their marriage certificate?
    No I don't have the mariage certificate. I've relied on Free BMD.

Coromandel

No I don't have the mariage certificate. I've relied on Free BMD.
    If you want to know exactly where he married, and exactly when, you need the certificate. It will also be interesting to see what he says about his marital status. If he was already married to someone else then he would of course have had to lie. If he had divorced it should say so. The certificate should also tell you his age, occupation and residence at the time of his marriage, his father's name and occupation (and corresponding info for his bride), and who the witnesses were.

You can order a copy from the GRO for £9.25.