Loves to help with queries

Default Cooke Family Kingswood

Would anyone know please where Alfred Cooke died 1946 and Fanny Cooke 1957 may be buried they were living at the time in Kingswood Also does anyone know if there was a local paper at the time of Alfreds death as he was a Police Inspector so there may have been a write up of his death in the paper
    Many thanks Sue

pattenwalsh

The Gloucester Echo of July 29th 1946 has a piece about the funeral.Says he lived at 14,Salisbury Rd,Downend and the service took place at Kingswood Parish Church,he was from a family of 10 an that he was born in a Gloucestershire police station.He was with the police for 41 years,joining in 1887 and retiring in 1928

pattenwalsh

Actual date of death was 23rd July at 14,Salisbury Rd.Probate was granted 10th Jan 1947 to Fanny Cooke his widow.

Loves to help with queries

Thank you so much for that.Would Gloucester Records Office hold this paper so I could ask them to send me a copy of the write up of the funeral
    Thank you again for your reply
    Sue

malcolm99

Pattenwalsh is offline at the moment but I can tell you that the Gloucestershire Echo (note the title) is available on microfilm at Cheltenham Local and Family History Centre. They should be able to do a print-off for you.

Their details are here>
    https://www.gloucestershire
    .gov.uk/archives/index.aspx?articleid=109250

Their contact details are here>

https://www.gloucestershire.
    gov.uk/libraries/cheltenham
    Last edited by malcolm99; 07-02-2013 at 2:44 PM. Reason: re-posted 1st URL