Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kcapes

Hello again
    Thank you so much you've all been so busy. I will look into all of it, the only other thing I do know is his mother died when he was young and that he was sent to Ireland, well he must have come back because of 1911 census but we cant find him getting married anywhere well not in this country.
    Thank you again.

Reputation beyond repute

Have you not got Ulysses' army service record (see message #4 above)? Service records of that vintage usually include include details of any marriage, whether or not in England or Wales.

kcapes

I Peter I've only just started with this tree so any help would be great, he seems to have disappeared according to family.
    Kim

kcapes

Default Re Ulysses

Sorry Peter
    That was meant to say no I've only just started.
    Kim

janbooth

Unfortunately his army service record does not show details of any marriage but does give his father's name and that of his brothers plus, of course, details of his postings which may help you in your search.

Janet
    Last edited by janbooth; 31-01-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Extra text

He was still single in 1911. On his military record his brothers are listed as his next of kin - it names them and gives their regiment, so it was obviously a military family. You really should view his service record on FindmyPast (you can buy credits if you don't have a sub, which should be enough to let you view the 1911 census as well) as it lists where he was serving from the time he enlisted in Dublin at the age of 14 right up until 1909. Suffice it to say you won't find him on the 1901 census because he was fighting in the Boer War.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

kcapes

Thanks everyone I'm going to look at his record for clues.
    Kim

Name well known on Brit-Gen

27 July 1950 - London - South Africa on board 'Landovery Castle'

Could Ulysses have adopted the name Valentne Ulysses Tom ?

Mr VUT WTSON 59
    Last address in the UK....c/o Diamond Corporation 32 Holborn Viaduct EC1 ( Is this part of de Beers? & part of Anglo American Corporation, a gold mining company,)

Mrs G WATSON 53

Miss LAC WATSON 16

Miss ?R? WATSON 19

kcapes

Morning
    That's interesting where did you find that, I think my sister told me Ulysses Valentine was someone different but I would have to check. De-Beers in London, my old boss in the jewellers I worked at years ago worked for them.
    Kim

Name well known on Brit-Gen

TIMELINE
    Born Chatham
    ? ? Watson
    Potential
    Valentine Watson
    Q1 1880 Medway Kent
    V2A p 557

1881 census
    RG11; Piece: 896; Folio: 107; Page: 32
    Ulysis Nautulus Watson b 1880 Chatham

I cannot just find him on the census but the 1894 attestation papers indicate he was at the RAMSchool for 41/2 years. He could have been with brother Albert, the ref is

Ulyssis Valentine WATSON
    Attested 1894 discharged 6 Nov 1909
    Next of Kin
    Father William
    Siblings William. Harry, Frederick & Albert who may have been in the Manchester Regiment
    10th Hussars service no 3334
    Manchester Reg service no 4469

Outgoing passengers on both ancestry & FMP. I was just playing with the initial VU / UV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast