juliewebber

Default West Indies records

Hello
    I have this week discovered that my 3 x great grandfather Edward T Roberts was born in 1809 in St Thomas in the West Indies.
    This is the first time I have come across a birth that wasn't in the UK, is there anywhere I could find more details of his birth and maybe who his parents were ?
    Many thanks
    Julie

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by juliewebber View Post
    Hello
    I have this week discovered that my 3 x great grandfather Edward T Roberts was born in 1809 in St Thomas in the West Indies.
    This is the first time I have come across a birth that wasn't in the UK, is there anywhere I could find more details of his birth and maybe who his parents were ?
    Many thanks
    Julie
    Hi Julie....first off, St. Thomas is in the US Virgin Islands. I had a look at the LDS Familysearch records and they are a tad sparse for that town. 4 parish churches only. And I don't think it is indexed.

There is a Mailing List on Rootsweb for the Caribbean and I suggest you find that and ask there. For a long time, there were only a few islands microfilmed by the Mormons and they seem to be branching out now.

Good luck...Heather

juliewebber

Thanks Heather, that's brilliant, will do

Name well known on Brit-Gen

juliewebber

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Yep, thats him thank you

Heather

Excellent job, Genius