Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lizzy9

1871, St Anne Limehouse, RG10; Piece: 550; Folio: 125; Page: 4

George Doughty 45, St Georges Middlesex
    Ellen Doughty 38, Poplar
    Mary Ann Connor 76, (mar) mother, Kent
    Charles Connor 3 Years, 1 Month, nephew, Buckley, Suffolk

Marriage: 1 Feb 1858, St Anne Limehouse.

George Doughty, full age, bachelor, Mariner, North St, father: Thomas (Broommaker)
    Ellen Eleanor Connor, full age, spinster, North St, father: Thomas Midway Connor (Mariner???) Maybe he was a Marine Policeman?

Witnesses: Thomas Midway Connor and Harriet Ellis

No guarantees these are your folks, Dylan; I'm merely giving you lines to follow.

Lizzy9

Marriage: 1 Jan 1865, Limehouse Fields St John.

Harry James Wareham, full age, widower, Labourer, 12 Oak Lane, father: George Wareham (Farmer)

Harriet Connor, full age, spinster, 4, Oak Lane, father: Thomas Midway Connor (Policeman)

Witnesses: Thomas and Elizabeth Brookes.

Lizzy9

I'll leave it for now, Dylan, as it's not clear what info you already have. Hope what's been found is helpful.

Lizzy9

Just adding this as it gives a place of birth.

1851, Chatham Hill, Gillingham, New Brompton, Kent, HO107; Piece: 1611; Folio: 627; Page: 24

Thomas Conner 58, Greenwich Pensioner, born Sheerness, Kent.
    Mary Ann Conner 53, Cliff Kent
    Ellen Conner 18, Poplar, Middlesex
    Elizabeth Conner 17, Limehouse
    Harriet Conner 15, Limehouse

dylan thermos

Hi Peter, Sorry about the "it" must learn to quote sources. It was a while ago but I think I saw it on findmypast.com births at sea.
    The Cheshire reference is wrong and Chorlton Workhouse is in manchester as you say. Two mistakes, I need to be more careful.....
    Thank you for your kind assistance.

dylan thermos

Hi Lizzy, This is the record that I saw.These are my ancestors.The reference you quote

"1861 Poplar Middlesex. RG 9; Piece: 306; Folio: 72; Page: 42;"

Where would I find this information? And what does it refer to?.......Thanks

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by dylan thermos View Post
    Hi Lizzy, This is the record that I saw.These are my ancestors.The reference you quote

"1861 Poplar Middlesex. RG 9; Piece: 306; Folio: 72; Page: 42;"

Where would I find this information? And what does it refer to?.......Thanks
    Dylan, it's the census reference. Censuses can be searched by ref numbers and when asking for help/or receiving help census ref's ensure you find the census being referred to.

BTW, I'm stlll unsure what you already have and what you are still looking for.

dylan thermos

Hi Lizzy,
    Thank you for your kind help. it would seem Thomas Conner was the policeman and John Conner was his son.
    He was born at sea and this was stated as place "unknown" on the findmypast.com births at sea section.
    I understood that he was living in Chorlton Workhouse after he was born, perhaps I am assuming too much but I did read it somewhere.I must say I am amazed at the speed people on this site are so quick to help it is breathtaking the kindness showed.......dylan

Lizzy9

Hi Dylan, I didn't know findmypast had births at sea for the late 18th century. Please can you post what the record says?

If you say what info you are looking for I'll try later to see if I can help further.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy9 View Post
    1851, Chatham Hill, Gillingham, New Brompton, Kent, HO107; Piece: 1611; Folio: 627; Page: 24

Thomas Conner 58, Greenwich Pensioner, born Sheerness, Kent.
    That's interesting, Lizzy9. So did Thomas have an earlier career in the Navy? The National Archives may have the answer (probably at Kew rather than in their online records). They have produced a guide to Royal Navy Ratings' Pensions:

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/r...ng-pension.htm

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Baptism

St Ann Limehouse
    Born 14/02/1839
    bp 8/09/1839
    John Midway CONNER s/o Thomas & Mary Ann of Limehouse Policeman
    That's interesting too, geneius, because the National Archives catalogue has a reference to John Midway Connor in the Greenwich Hospital School admission records (ref. ADM 73/200/38):

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...?uri=C11650616

The catalogue entry says:

'John Midway Connor. When admitted to Greenwich Hospital School: Not stated.
    Parents' names: Thomas and Mary Ann Connor.
    Applicant born 14 February 1839. Parents married 19 August 1816.'
    The document itself 'has not been digitised and cannot be downloaded' but you could ask for a quotation for ordering a copy. I don't know whether you can expect to find more detail in the document itself.

There's also an entry for a Thomas Connor (born 15 April 1818, parents Thomas and Mary Ann Connor); again it says "When admitted to Greenwich Hospital School: Not stated) (ADM 73/200/47). Is he an older brother?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast