Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TEN POUND POMS

Kwozzi

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    Funnily enough there appears to be the schedule for an arrival in October on this page
    https://museumvictoria.
    com.au/collections/items/286910/leaflet-mv-fairsea-passage-rates-southbound-1959

The schedule is the second frame below the main image. Unfortunately it's not very clear but if you increase the size of the image it looks like 5th October. Not official proof though!
    Thank you Malcolm and you wont believe this but putting exactly what you have written above into search it says they have no record! Talk about time wasting and not user friendly.

The 1959 September sailing ex Southampton and arrival in Australia seems to have been a secret sailing! I scrolled through miles of responses on the Museum site by Fairsea passengers searching for anyone who sailed on this voyage and gave up after too much time just trying to locate someone on the offchance that they would know the date of arrival. My husband does know it was after the date of his sister's birthday which is the 7 October so where you think the leaflet says 5th it probably would make sense that it is the 8th October 1959 as the ship was between Fremantle and Melbourne on his sister's birthday.

Many thanks and this is far quicker than going through site after site and coming up with no such record etc. Frustration abounds!

cadge1

I am a long time immigrant (1971) from UK. You could try contacting the Australian Embassy in London perhaps - they would no doubt put you in touch with relevant department/web site in Australia. Did they depart by ship> If so, look up passenger lists for immigrant ships departing London and arriving Sydney. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12