My maternal line has John Barrickman B: 1775 in West Virginia, U.S.A. married to Barbara Peckenpaugh, B; 1774 in Shepardstown, W. VA. U.S.A. Birth records for Monongalia, W. VA., show Barbara Peckenpagh as the mother of Jacob, (1795); Henry (1802); Isaac (1810); John (1813) and Nimrod (1821). When Barbara Barrickman, wife of John Barrickman died, her death information, given by her son, Nimrod, said his mother's name was Barbara Franks. In the book"Bergmann/Barrickman Families of Web Virginia: The first book was by June Barekman and then Henderson Adams did a redo, they give additional children Peter (1796); Sarah (1797), Elizabeth (1807), Michael (1812), Louisa Eliza Elizabeth (1812) Anna Barbara (1814) Isaac (1817) and agree on the previous five children. June and Henderson state that because the Peckenpaugh families lived next to the Barrickman family, the correct spouse is Barbara Peckenpaugh. I have checked ancestry.com and family search and found nothing that would convince me of either spouse except that obviously, Barbara Peckenpaugh is the spouse with the first five children. Many researchers, many opinions. I'd like to find some more accurate date. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have all applicable census records.