Bowkerfan

Default Thomas Roberts of Woolaston, Gloucestershire

Looking for any info on a Thomas Roberts of Woolaston, son of John. He was between 1600 and 1610, became an apprentice to the London Fishmongers Guild in 1622. I believe St. Andrews is the parish church, any hope of the records being available?
    Many Thanks Jeanie

Name well known on Brit-Gen

https://
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worshipful_Company_of_Fishmongers

The Worshipful Company of Fishmongers is one of the 108 Livery Companies of the City of London, being a guild of the sellers of fish and seafood in the City. The Company ranks fourth in the order of precedence of the Livery Companies, making it one of the Great Twelve City Livery Companies.[1]
    Googling may find more for you.So many sites came up, like (www.)Examiner.com which has this:

Contact information:

Fishmongers’ Company, Fishmongers’ Hall, London Bridge, London EC4R 9EL; +44 (0)20-7626-3531; fishhall.org.uk
    also so many adverts my eyes blurred.
    Do have a google, you may choose the right one for you.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I
    believe St. Andrews is the parish church, any hope of the records being available?
    Did you mean 'Guild' records or Parish records? There are many Thomas Roberts out there, one such is :

Thomas Roberts Marriage 22 Apr 1633 St Andrew by the Wardrobe, London Joane Rebworth.(Family search has Pebworth) 1st initial dubious.

Familysearch has many more as has Ancestry & probably Fmp.:
    Thomas Roberts Marriage 31 Aug 1637 St Andrew, Holborn, London Mary Smith
    Thomas Roberts Marriage 10 Jul 1639 St Andrew, Holborn, London Sara Jarret
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

janbooth

Gloucestershire Archives Genealogical Database has a will for a John ROBERTES of Woolaston dated 1581. Could be your Thomas's grandfather perhaps or maybe Thomas ROBERTES of Woolstone, Husbandman, dated 1557? Also another for a John ROBERTS of Woolaston, Yeoman, dated 1668 and another for John ROBERTS of Woolstone, Yeoman, dated 1716. You can order and pay for these wills online and the turnround is normally pretty quick.

Janet

Bowkerfan

Thank you all for your replies, I think John Roberts was from Woolaston, Gloucester and if he had a son b. circa 1608 he was probably born by 1580. Thomas was in America by 1641 and never returned to England. I will look at the Gloucestershire Archives Database and see if any of these men fit the bill.
    jeanie

p. harrison

The Forest of Dean Family History Forum is an excellent source of info.