Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baptism Help

ewan

Default Baptism Help

Can anyone find the baptism of an Elizabeth Purdy, according to the 1841 census she was born approximately 1823. The rest of her family were baptised at St Paul or St Peter Hammersmith, her parents were a George and Mary Purdy, George's occupation was often a bricklayer/labourer.

Thank you
    Ewan

terrysfamily

Hi Ewen, there are quite a few PURDY's baptised in Hammersmith with the parents George and Mary but sadly I couldnt find one by the name Elizabeth.

Don't know if these are the rest of the family

see here for the other children https://www.familysearch.org/search/...enname%3Amary~

Reputation beyond repute

It may help you to know that the registers of St Paul, Hammersmith are at Hammersmith & Fulham Archives and therefore aren't included in the LMA collection on Ancestry.

ewan

Terry, thanks for the link, yes that is the majority of George and Mary's offspring. A couple of their children were baptised at St Peter Hammersmith so they do not appear on familysearch.

There are some St Peter Hammersmith baptism registers on ancestry but only from 1836, as it was only established then.

Lydia Purdy older sibling of Elizabeth was baptised in 1821 and William Purdy baptised in 1827 both at St Paul Hammersmith, either one of the parents names or Elizabeth was transcribed wrongly or she was baptised at another parish.

Thanks both for help.

Ewan

ewanphil

Quote Originally Posted by terrysfamily View Post
    Hi Ewen, there are quite a few PURDY's baptised in Hammersmith with the parents George and Mary but sadly I couldnt find one by the name Elizabeth.

Don't know if these are the rest of the family

see here for the other children https://www.familysearch.org/search/...enname%3Amary~
    Hi terrysfamily, a long time ago now, back in 2012 you sent this link to me. I am interested in knowing details of the other children, but the link does not work now. Any ideas.

Many thanks ewan

Brick wall demolition expert!

Ewan

Terrysfamily are no longer a member of the form.

As a GUESS I would say that if you go to the familysearch site and enter in the search terms Purdy, Hammersmith, father George, mother Mary you should find what you are looking for.

Ewan, Terrysfamily is no no longer a member of BG (you can tell because it shows the tag "guest" under the username as it does with your old messages). This means that we no longer have any contact info for that username.

Since these posts, FamilySearch has had a complete revision which is probably why the link doesn't work anymore. I suggest that you go to the site (you will have to register, but it costs nothing) and run the search. They've added other data, so you may find more. I think that post 2's first line tells you the search parameters that were used.

ewanphil

Megan, thank you for your help. I have tried your suggestion a couple of days ago but without success, I will have another shot at it though.

Lesley, thank you also for your advice. I did register a while ago with FamilySearch as mentioned to Megan I will have another go.

Lesley also thank you for the information regarding Terrysfamily.

This brings me on to the subject I wonder why there is no contact for my old account 'ewan' as I have not asked for that account to be deleted. If there are Admin that no the answer to this it would be appreciated, thank you

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by ewanphil View Post
    This brings me on to the subject I wonder why there is no contact for my old account 'ewan' as I have not asked for that account to be deleted. If there are Admin that no the answer to this it would be appreciated, thank you
    I suspect your old account was 'deleted' because it had been inactive for more than six years. 'Deleted' in this case meaning that data you'd provided when joining was removed from the account. Posts you made under your old username will still remain on the forum, just like the one posted by terrysfamily.
    See section 10.10 ("How long we hold your data for") of our T&Cs.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ent-and-policy

I presume you saw the reply I posted re your query about being able to re-use your original username?
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...leting-Account
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Section 10.10 of our ToC:

"If your account is inactive for more than six years and you are no longer paying for a service, we reserve the right to delete any information you have provided to us."

This is because of UK/EU Data Protection Laws. 6 years is the longest period that we are allowed. and they do check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast