Ken_R

Default Richard Williams b 1807 Shropshire

I've been trying to find the 1841 entry for this family, on and off, for over a year now. It was never going to be easy trying to find a Williams in a County that borders Wales.

I had knowledge that he married in 1838 to a Maria Howells and have the GRO Ref, along with all of the later census records, details of the children, together with their Bap records. It was just 1841 that I was missing.

Found them today.

Rut Williams 25 (Occ Smith) = Richard
    Mara Williams 20 = Maria (b. abt 1818)
    Mary Howells 25 = Margaret (I think)
    John Wilkinson 16
    Clyt Williams 1 = Elizabeth
    Harrt Williams 6 Mo = Harriet

HO107, Piece 925, Book 4, Page 17

The ages are out but the occupation and names all fit. The 'Icing on the cake' is the presence of what is probably the sister-in-law, which will help me identify the parents.

LittleSpark

Well done Ken for perservering.

I too have many ancestors I can't find but then one day I just happen to come across something which points me in the right direction - plus all the help from BG members of course!

Sheila

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_R View Post
    The ages are out but the occupation and names all fit.
    Don't forget that, in the 1841 census, ages were meant to be rounded down to the nearest 5 years if the person was over the age of 15, so that could explain any anomaly with the ages.

Nice bit of detective work and it is great when yet another piece of the jigsaw slips into place.

RichBrown

Well done Ken-R

It's a great feeling when a long standing piece of missing information is found.