BrianH

Default A house named Caradon

Dear Forum members

In amongst a few family photographs that recently came to light is this photo of a house called Caradon .

It is almost certainly connected to my Copplestone side of the family and I believe is somewhere in Cornwall. I know it's a bit of a long shot but does anyone know where it is? The most likely location is Looe but could possibly be in Wadebridge or Fowey.

Famous for offering help & advice

It looks typical of A LOT of houses in the St Austell area ... and a very common name! Suggest you try the postoffice.co.uk postcode finder, then go on GoogleEarth to see what they look like. Try St Austell (49 hits) and Fowey (5 hits) first. In the meantime, I (and I'm sure others!) will keep my eyes open!
    Good Luck!
    Jane

MarkJ

Do you know for sure that the house was referred to as Caradon? Many houses have similar name "windows" above the door (my old house in Newquay did for example) but they are usually referred to by the number rather than the name, except where the house is a larger, stand alone type place.
    If that is the case, it may make your task somewhat harder...

Caradon by the way is one of the old Cornish boroughs and Looe was in that borough. So certainly a possibility.

BrianH

Thanks to Jane and Mark for their replies. I have finally found where the house is located. Thought that local estate agents might be able to recognize it so contacted a few and one identified it as being in Beech Terrace in West Looe. It also helps me identify the lady in the photo.

Brian

MarkJ

Brilliant! Glad to hear you have found the house. A rather clever idea to try estate agents!

Mark