Thread: Darenth Asylum

pamela186

Default Darenth Asylum

Thomas Patey,great great uncle of mine died in 1885 and was buried in Darenth cemetery. there is a possibility he died at the asylum.

Reputation beyond repute

there is a possibility he died at the asylum.
    What does the death certificate say?

Jan1954

Hello pamela186 - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Following on from Peter's post, if you do not have a copy of the death certificate, it can be ordered from the General Register Office here. The references are:
    Thomas PATEY, aged 25, June quarter 1885, Dartford registration district, volume 2a, page 310.

Reputation beyond repute

By the way, while we're chatting, I'd be interested to know where you found the burial details. I know the MIs have been published. Apparently, the Chaplain's interment registers are at the London Metropolitan Archives.

pamela186

re Thomas Patey. Good to have response already. I have sent for the death certificate-should arrive before Christmas. I found the details on a Victorian mourning card come down to me via my great grandmother (a sister in law) my great Aunt. I also know from the 1881 census he was living in a slum area of Reading, Berks. I hope to visit TNA and the London Metrpolitan archives in the New year.