Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Orinda

I do not believe so, as someone found it in the Widnes death records. At the time I did not know she was connected with our family.
    Do not know how to access information online.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

MARGARET / ANITA

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Wycherley View Post
    Hello Orinda

Not much to go on,but I did find a Margaret Puskinigas recorded in the death registers for Widnes. Although she has died in the Leigh area her address was 32 Margaret Street Widnes. Unfortunately this area of Widnes has long been demolished and redeveloped.

I have two books concerning the history of Widnes which covers immigrants from Poland and Lithuania coming here. If I find anything I will let you know.

Geoff W

Hello

I think this is the reference to which you are referrring unfortunately I am having problems with google but would expect the book to be on line. Maybe a pm to Geoff may bring a result

I cannot see a suitable entry in the BMD register

Orinda

Ordered CD of Widnes death register, so should be able to do lookups myself now. Hopefully I am successful.

Probably the best way forward as you are into an area not a lot will be searching in and with an unusual surname.

Let us know how you get on.

Orinda

All I have found our so far is that Annie Puskunigas was buried along side her parents, Vincent and Mary Astrowski in Widnes Cemetery.
    No sign of Margaret Puskunigas yet.

Orinda

Hello:
    Have just researched Widnes Borough Cemetery CD, found Annie Puskunigas was buried in Widnes Cemetery in 1937. No
    information about her youngest daughter Anita Puskunigas born Jan. 1, 1936. I have her birth certificate. Wondered if anyone
    had leads for me so I can move forward.

Orinda

Orinda

correction: d.o.b. April 28, 1936. Anita Puskunigas

Who would have assumed responsibility for a baby Anita on the death of the mother? She could have been placed for adoption or fostered with a family whoo changed forename & surname.

Placed with a family member again assuming a different surname.

Are there any child records held by Prescot / Leigh /Wigan council?

At 1957 if still in the UK she qwould become eligible to be included on the Electoroll Registers

I have picked up form both freebmd & Lancashirebmd that Kathleen & Harry also k/a Henry used the name of PHILIPS. This is the name each was married under.

Do you have either of the marriage certificates.

You also state Stanilaus died in 1978 under what name and where?

In 15 January 1921 the notice of Naturalisation states that Stanilaus cane for Russia was a Cabinet maker who had served in His Majesty's forces and he was residing at 48 Lingard Street Leigh notice posted in London Gazette

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast