Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Mutley,

You might be satisfied with just the will. The grant of administration is only for intestacy cases, and is the court appointing someone as an executor. The grant of probate is similarly confirmatory, but can occasionally include a little information eg the deceased’s marital status. But in general, I would say don’t bother with that. The Schedule of Assets can be interesting when someone has a lot but in small estate cases, it’s not inspiring. Normally it’s a pre-printed form (a bit like a tax return) and the executors often just draw lines through the unwanted sections. You often end up with just proceeds of an insurance policy, cash in bank and clothing and furniture – value £10. That sort of thing.

In a small value estate, I would suggest the will alone would be enough. (You should have applied last month. They have just put the fee up from €5 to €15.)

Certified copies are only necessary if you proposed using them for some legal transaction. For genealogy a photocopy would be sufficient.
    ELWYN

Mutley

Thank you.

I am so excited that at the moment if I only have to pay 15€ I shall be well pleased. I was rather dreading 40€ to find out who got the statue of Mary that sat in the alcove at the top of the stairs when all along I suspect Nana sold it to supplement her snuff addiction.

It also means I can order his death certificate and I believe I can get a photocopy for only 4€. Can't be bad.

Thanks again.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Thank you.

It also means I can order his death certificate and I believe I can get a photocopy for only 4€. Can't be bad.

Thanks again.
    Yes provided you give Roscommon the location, year, quarter (if one is given), volume & page number, a photocopy is still only 4 euros.
    ELWYN

locallad27

H. Francis De Montmorency Ireland
    Prepogative Court
    Will-1832.
    ------
    Landed Estate Court Rentals- 1850-1885
    Part of the lands ar Churchtown
    Barony of Rathdown Dublin
    Held under Fee-farm grant dated 28/6/1850
    -
    The renewal of this Lease bears the date 22/10/1838 and was made by Hannah Busby
    to Henry Francis De Montmorency for his own life
    and the lives of Dorothes Francis De Montmorency, the daughter of said Henry, then aged about 6 years
    and of William Harvey De Momtmorency, then aged about 4 years
    and the survivor of them.
    All of the lives in this renewal are still in being.
    =======
    Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12