Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Brennan

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl20 View Post
    FreeBMD
    Sep Q 1874 Haslingden, Lancashire (Vol 8e Page 193)

Sarah Brennan
    Emma Beaumont
    William Thomas Robinson
    FreeBMD shows four people on this page. The other one is a John O'Neil. Lancashire BMDs confirms that he married Sarah Brennan at Christ Church, Bacup.

Geirgg

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl20 View Post
    I have found a death in 1880 for a Joshua McDonald age 29.
    He was buried in Walton Park, Liverpool on 3 May 1880.

Is this Sarah's husband?
    Yes, that is him. I got the certificate for this.

Geirgg

Why would you think he is two months and not two years?

Geirgg

No I wouldn't think so. It is her married name that is McDonald. Her maiden name is Brennan.

Thanks
    Geir

Geirgg

Yes, that is the son:-) I also have their marriage certificate. We also found a Sarah McDonald living on her own in 1881. But we don't know where Joshua (the son) is in the 1881 census.

Geirgg

That could very well be them. Is Rathdrum in Dublin?

Geirgg

Well, I don't think so. I have found Joshua and Sarah and little Joshua in the 1871 census in Liverpool. He was born abt.1869 as far as I can see (I thinks it's years and not months, if this is the one refered to) , so I would think they married just before that (maybe in Ireland).

Geirgg

Hi,

All my replies just got stacked up in the end. I must have done something wrong. Sorry about that.

Thanks
    Geir

Hi,

Rathdrum is in County Wicklow, south of Dublin. At that time it would have been a rural area. The Ireland Marriages, 1619 - 1898 on Family Search shows, Thomas Brennan, aged 24, married Bridget Bryan, also 24, on 25th February 1847, in Arklow, Co. Wicklow. Fathers wereThomas Brennan and Thomas Bryan.

You could try to get the certificate from the GRO in Roscommon, download the form from their website and send it off. If you only want to get a photocopy of the Marriage they charge 4 euro, or at least they did last year. Look up the reference on Family Search Civil Births and give the Year, volume and page if you find it. I have always found them more than helpful.

You could look at https://www.
    rootsireland.ie/ for Sarah's baptism. It is a pay to view site, but I think they give some free pages.

The fact that Thomas and Bridget's Marriage is on the Civil Registration, may indicate that they are non Catholics, as I think Catholic Births and Marriages were only registered after 1865. Researching in Ireland before 1901 is not easy, you really need the Parish, or at least the County, where someone was born to really get anywhere, and then hope the name is unusual. My father in law's family came from a small village in Co. Offaly and there were two unrelated families with the same surname out of a population of a couple of hundred people. a nightmare to find who belongs to who.

Glyn.
    Last edited by Jan1954; 03-11-2012 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Link edited as rootsireland is pay per view. Links to commercial websites are not allowed.

Shirl20

Birth registration for Joshua McDonald is Mar Q 1871 Liverpool (8b Page 105)
    The 1891 and 1901 census records state he was born about 1871.
    That is why I thought he must have been only 2 months old in 1871.

Thanks to Coromandel for the marriage update.
    My source was Ancestry which ironically differs for that Sarah from the FreeBMD website.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast