Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Cicero

I had a long chat with my Irish grandmother the other day, and she gave me some new information - that Elizabeth Mahoney's mother Bridget Dempsey died in 1904 in Dublin. When I entered this into her Ancestry file, a hint popped up saying Bridget Mahoney died 1904 in Ireland, and it apparently has her birth year but it won't let me see the Birth year since I'm not a Worldwide member of Ancestry or whatever. Would somebody who does have the most expensive Ancestry membership be kind enough as to do a search for me and tell me her birth year?

Procat

Hi,

There are two deaths in 1904 for a Bridget Mahoney in the Irish Civil Registrations Death Index:

Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1904, Age 82, Registration district Kilkenny, Country Ireland, Volume 3, Page 387, FHL Film Number 101602

Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1904, Age 80, Registration district Kilrush, Country Ireland, Volume 4, Page 232, FHL Film Number 101602

Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

About Gallipoli - it wasn't just ANZACs, there were two or three times more British soldiers there. Most were pre-war regulars, territorials or special reservists. Very few pre-war civilians (Kitchener's "New Armies"). There was also a Naval Brigade who fought, but they were Royal Navy not Merchant Navy. It's not impossible that Joseph Keely was there, but you would need to know more about him to say if it was a true story he told.
    Barbara

Super Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi,

There are two deaths in 1904 for a Bridget Mahoney in the Irish Civil Registrations Death Index:

Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1904, Age 82, Registration district Kilkenny, Country Ireland, Volume 3, Page 387, FHL Film Number 101602

Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1904, Age 80, Registration district Kilrush, Country Ireland, Volume 4, Page 232, FHL Film Number 101602
    Hmm well she definetly died in Dublin so that can't be right.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cicero View Post
    Hmm well she definetly died in Dublin so that can't be right.
    I have done another search for a Bridget Mahon* died 1904 in Dublin. There are no hits returned.

The closest is:

Bridget Mahony, Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1906, Age 65, Registration district Dublin North, Death Country Ireland, Volume 2, Page 367, FHL Film Number 0101603.

There is also one in 1914 (in case someone dropped 10 years off the information)

Bridget Mahony, Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1914, Age 50, Registration district Dublin South, Death Country Ireland, Volume 2, Page 534, FHL Film Number 0101606

Super Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    I have done another search for a Bridget Mahon* died 1904 in Dublin. There are no hits returned.

The closest is:

Bridget Mahony, Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1906, Age 65, Registration district Dublin North, Death Country Ireland, Volume 2, Page 367, FHL Film Number 0101603.

There is also one in 1914 (in case someone dropped 10 years off the information)

Bridget Mahony, Date of Registration Jan-Feb-Mar 1914, Age 50, Registration district Dublin South, Death Country Ireland, Volume 2, Page 534, FHL Film Number 0101606
    Well since she gave birth to my great-grandmother in 1900 and according to what I've heard Bridget definetly died when my great-grandmother Elizabeth Mahoney was in her early childhood, she can't be the 65 year old.

adadourian

Default FHL Film Number: 101235

Hello,

I upgraded my Ancestry.com account to the world explorer and found birth information on my father who I believe was born in Ennis, Ireland in 1941 but I can't find an image for the FHL Film Number: 101235 Volume: 4 Page: 116. Does anyone know how I can view this film image?

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by adadourian View Post
    Hello,

I upgraded my Ancestry.com account to the world explorer and found birth information on my father who I believe was born in Ennis, Ireland in 1941 but I can't find an image for the FHL Film Number: 101235 Volume: 4 Page: 116. Does anyone know how I can view this film image?
    You don't give your father's name, but by searching for all births in Ennis in 1941 I've come up with a set of results referring to the same film number. The film would be available to view at an LDS Family History Centre, but as it's a film of the index only, it won't tell you any more than you've already found at Ancestry (assuming it's been transcribed/digitised correctly).

To get the full details of the birth entry you'll need to apply to the GRO for the Republic of Ireland, which is in Roscommon (see https://www.groireland.ie/) for copy of the birth certificate, using the details you've already found (Name, Mother's maiden name, Month/Quarter & Year, Registration District, Volume & Page Number).

You can download a form and apply by post, in which case for genealogical purposes it's usually sufficient to order a non-certified photocopy rather than a formal certificate. This is much cheaper. However, I see that they are now offering online ordering as well. This is new to me, and from a quick glance it looked like this might be only for full certificates, not the photocopy versions. There's probably somewhere you can ask about this, or it might be somewhere among the FAQs etc on the GRO website.

Arthur

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12