chuckgaish

Cool Thomas Telling marriage to Elizabeth Templer

Hi, My 4th Great Grandparents were born according to the census in Purton Wiltshire, they also lived and died there. I have only ever found one marriage to match of a Thomas Telling and Elizabeth Templer at St Philip and St Jacob Bristol Gloucester on 26 Aug 1822.

I am sure this is them but have a slight doubt as to why they would get married here. Is anyone able to LOOK UP the record to see if their parish was shown or perhaps Occupation to help. Thomas was a Butcher.

Many Thanks.

gasser

I am not able to do the look up you requested but wondered if you had visited the "Telling Information" website found via google?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

There were several Templers in Wiltshire & Gloucester, perhaps Elizabeth was living with relatives when married or working there, it's just across the way.
    Do you know her Parents names etc?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi.

I've got copies of the marriage transcriptions (sold by the Bristol and Avon Family History Society). I looked up the marriage. There's no mention of any occupation, and both are described only as 'of this parish'. It may be worthwhile getting a hold of the actual entry, though, since the transcriptions don't include witnesses to the marriages.

chuckgaish

Hi Gasser I will have a look for the Telling website Cheers.
    Hi Waitbait, Her parents were John Templer c1765 and Elizabeth Weston c 1765 of Purton.
    Hi T@nya Thanks for the help I wil keep digging.