iandavid70

Question Henry Anstruther Fortescue

Henry Anstruther Fortescue was born in Meerut, Bengal Province, (now Uttar Pradesh) on 18th August 1851. His Father Frederick Richard Norman Fortescue was in the East India Company Army and was born at Stephenstown, Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland. He was a Lieutenant when Henry and his sister, Florence Eglantine Fortescue were born. Florence was born in Agra on 3rd Febnruary 1854. Both children were born out of wedlock and their mother was Elizabeth Albertina Quinn.

I would appreciate some assistance in being pointed in the right direction to search where the children were educated and where they grew up. Henry arrived in Australia about 1880 and passed away on 28th August 1896 at Stanmore, Sydney New South Wales, we have no idea what ever happened to Florence or her mother.

birdlip

Family Search has a marriage for Henry's mother:

Elizabeth Albertina QUINN, 24 (father James LYONS) m James TURNER 22, (father Henry TURNER) 09 Jan 1855 Meerut, Bengal, [Batch M75017-2]

iandavid70

Default Thank you for your kind assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by birdlip View Post
    Family Search has a marriage for Henry's mother:

Elizabeth Albertina QUINN, 24 (father James LYONS) m James TURNER 22, (father Henry TURNER) 09 Jan 1855 Meerut, Bengal, [Batch M75017-2]
    Very many thanks for your kind assistance, I'm sorry to advise that I have those details and it from there we seem to have no knowledge of where Henry or Florence were educated, Henry is lost in somewhere until he arived in Australia in 1880, passed away in 1896. Florence we have no knowledge of her after Elizabeth married James. As a point of interest, Henry's first born was named Florence Eglantine as well.