Default Post War Credit Certificate

I have been gradually sorting through my Dad's stuff. He died in 2003 and I now have the pile down to three cupboards and a wooden box. At least that's what is in the house. there is more still packed up in the cellar but I can't face that lot yet.
    I am concentrating on the papers and photographs. I have found a Post War Credit Certificate with my mother's name on it and I wondered about it.
    1. What exactly was Post War Credit? I did google it but I didn't turn up any information other than it was some sort of tax credit scheme.
    2. It hasn't been cancelled or anything so could it still be worth the amount written on it - £3 3s 10d, or is it worth more to sell it on eBay?

Just curious really. I have so much stuff that is more personal to both my parents that this doesn't light up any emotional ties for me and it seems a pity to just let if go for recycling if it is worth a pound or two.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

gasser

According to this is money dot co dot uk
    'Post War Credit certificates were issued during the Second World War as recognition for the higher taxes paid by the public to support the war effort. The additional tax plus 38% interest was repaid by 1973 to most of those who had retained their certificates. Redeemed certificates were normally marked as cancelled, so if yours are not they may still have a value...........
    contact information on above website
    Last edited by gasser; 03-10-2012 at 1:58 PM. Reason: typo

ok I have taken a look and I will contact the address given. Thank you for being so quick!
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time