MythicalMarian

Default Lancashire Online Parish Clerk

Not posting the link for obvious reasons, but I'm sure many members have used this source, which is slowly but surely transcribing Lancs PRs and making them available online. My question really is how do we contact these people? I simply wish to ask if there is any plan to put the rest of Caton, St. Paul's PRs online (there's a huge gap between 1718 and 1786).

I have travelled all over the site (which I use regularly) but still cannot find a 'Contact us' link. Am I missing something? Has anyone else contacted the LOPC direct? Manchester Library only has the LPRS transcript of early registers up to 1718 for Caton. Family Search has a batch number starting with 'I' that includes some baptisms but not all for the missing period. It may be a trip to Lancaster Record Office job, of course, but if I could at least contact the site runners.....

Ken_R

Hi. There is (or was) a contact email on the opening page. Bottom left. As regards Caton, I think my OH transcribed many of those. From memory, I'd have to check, many of the Registers were fire-damaged and possibly did not survive. Check the history for Caton Parish.

AFAIK, LancsOPC don't get to pick and choose which Registerd they get from the LDS. They order films which may, or may not arrive. For other records, they have good links with local RO's and a small team that go around photographing what can be made available.

Not the perfect answer but......

Ken_R

Amend that. It was Leck that was fire damaged. She also did many of those.

MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalMarian View Post

I have travelled all over the site (which I use regularly) but still cannot find a 'Contact us' link.
    Main page, below the Contents list on the left is a graphical email image of a pen and quill - click that and it *should* open your email client and fill in the email address etc for Paul Dixon who is the co-ordinator for the Lancs OPC.

I say *should* because my browser was set to use Gmail as the mail client but for some reason it failed to open and instead removed the contents list from the left side of the webpage! After swapping the email application in my browser, it opened fine in a standard email client.
    Any problems, drop me a PM and I can pass Paul's email address to you via PM

MythicalMarian

Mark - thanks so much. I hadn't noticed that, but of course when I click, it goes to Outlook, which I do not use! I'll PM you for Paul's e-mail address.

Ken - I almost had a heart attack there! Thanks for amending.