Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    terrysfamily

Default More probate look-up's please

If anyone has time on their hands could they please do some look-up's for me?

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 Wills & Probate

James Lewis Drayton
    Death: 1945

Lucy Drayton
    Death: 1954

Albert Drayton
    Death: 1959

Thanks in advance

Terry

pennydog

Should be in your inbox by now.

terrysfamily

Thank you very very much pennydog. That's great. Now I have death dates and where they were living post 1911 census.

I have the people in my tree who were left to sort out the probates, except the Irene Annie Drayton who James names in his probate. No idea who she is. Unles he made a mistake and ment Edith Annie Drayton. Probably never know.

Thank you very much again.

Terry

Nicolina

there was an Irene A DRAYTON born Mar qtr 1912 in Gainsboro' district, mother's name ELLIS, Terry. Also a possible marriage for her Dec qtr 1946 in Scunthorpe district, to Thomas DRURY. Could she be one of yours?

terrysfamily

Hmm not sure Nicolina, I don't have either of the names in my tree.

The only likely marriage for a Mr Drayton to a Miss Ellis is;

Marriages Mar 1910
    Drayton John Thomas Gainsbro' 7a 1457
    Ellis Mabel Annie Gainsbro' 7a 1457

The only one prior to that is in Mar 1858.

I don't have a John Thomas Drayton anywhere in my tree. But that doesn't mean that he isn't related in some way.

The reason I thought it might be a mistake is, James Lewis and Albert (the 2 in my initial look-up's request) were brothers.

Albert left his probate to Olive Brittain wife of William Brittain and Edith Annie Drayton Spinster. Olive and Edith Annie were Albert's daughters.

Both James Lewis Drayton and Albert Drayton lived in Halesowen until their deaths.

So was it a simple mistake by James, putting Irene instead of Edith?

The only tentative link I can find to an Ellis in my tree is Millecent Ellis 1785 - 1872 who married John Hogg. They were the parents of Elizabeth Hog who married Samuel Wadd. Who in turn were the parents of Sarah Elizabeth Wadd (Campbell Drayton's first wife) and the mother of both Albert and James Lewis Drayton.

So maybe there is a link? but I'm sure it would take a far better person than me to work it out.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Terry

terrysfamily

I just need to say a further thank you to pennydog for the images you sent yesterday. I have found a further 5 Draytons on the images that died in the same year. I have these individuals in my tree and now have their probates, dates of death and last addresses.

Thank you again for such useful images.

Terry

pennydog

Wow Terry what a bonus - I must admit that I did not look beyond the ones that you asked for - glad that they had some extra useful info on them, for you.

terrysfamily

Could I beg yet another lookup Please

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 Wills & Probate

Ann Drayton
    Death: 1871 Lincolnshire

I am hoping that this is my 2x great grandmother

Although there are 2 deaths registered in Lincolnshire in 1871

Deaths Dec 1871
    Drayton Ann 71 Caistor 7a 390
    Drayton Ann 65 Gainsbro' 7a 423

I'm hoping it's the latter

Terry

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Died 21 October 1871

Probate 27 December 1871 Lincoln

The WILL
    Ann DRAYTON late of Nettleton Lincs widow was proved by Joseph DRAYTON Nettleton blacksmith and Samuel DRAYTON Nettleton blacksmith the sons the Executors

Est under £100

G

terrysfamily

Thank you very much for taking the time to look for me geneius. Sadly it's not her. I have many many Drayton's in my family tree but I can't seem to find these ones. Then again it's very difficult to find someone by their married name and no husbands name. I suppose the only way I could find out who they are is to work my way back through the censuses looking at the son's who were blacksmiths and hope that they followed their fathers profession.

Thank you again

Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast