whdsn

Default ynysybwl burial records

Hi
    I have 3 ancestors died in the pontypridd area. On the 1901 census they were living in Llanwonno area near ynysbwl. I looked at the Llanwonno burial records on the IGI and couldn't find them. Is there any links to ynysybwl records or have i got to contact cemeteries section in Aberdare for a search.

Mutley

I think.... Genuki is saying that the Anglican registers are still at the church, I think?

Reputation beyond repute

I looked at the Llanwonno burial records on the IGI
    What is this exactly? To the best of my knowledge the IGI never contained reliable burial entries.

Is it "Wales, Glamorgan Parish Registers"? If so the site states that it covers 1558-1900 but the question suggests you want dates after 1901.

Providing you have the dates of death, your approach really depends on how handy the burial registers are for you. If they're not, the best approach is probably to approach the appropriate local authority for a search of cemetery records in the first instance. If there's no success you could try church/chapel burial grounds.

A fountain of knowledge

To whdsn

The place Llanwonno rings a bell with me when I have been doing my side of the family tree in Tonyrefail area.
    The person I found very helpful is Hywel Matthews in Pontypridd Library, ie Rhondda cynon taff. I have his email
    but not sure if I am allowed to put it on this forum - but you should you be able to find him easily enough. He is
    welsh speaking which I found very helpful. I spent some time puzzling over the name bach before realising it means
    little, so if the son of David is also called David he is David bach!

Good luck - let me know how you get on. He will I am sure point you in the right direction.
    best wishes
    Jill

John Nicholas

What are you after exactly? Have you found the deaths on the civil index (FreeBMD, for example)? Do you specifically want burial details? Glamorgan FHS publish a CD burial index 1838-1990, which you can purchase. I think that index is complete for the GFHS parish records (including some non-conformist records) but I doubt it is comprehensive for all burials in Glamorgan. I think you could also ask GFHS to do a search for you (for a fee) - perhaps GFHS members on this forum can clarify.

John

Reputation beyond repute

There are 10,000 entries from the Anglican churchyard in Llanwonno in the NBI

whdsn

Thank you for the reply.
    I'm trying to find if all 3 are buried in the same cemetery. I want to send off for they're death certificates. They all came from cornwall. Elizabeth Hughes born 1823 her son Thomas Hughes 1844 and his wife Elizabeth abt 1840-43. The mother came to wales after 1901.

Reputation beyond repute

Death certificates first.