jennifer 150

Default American Fire Service

This may be hopeless but will give it a go.
    An american in the army fire service, maybe from Detroit or Chicago was based in Paisley in the war 1944/5/6
    All that is known of his name is Lee or Leigh and surname began with L maybe of Italian/scicilian origin. He had an affair with a Mary Hollis who was married and they had a son in July 1946 but by then he had gone back to the states but he knew about his son and sent money for him. Another twist to this story is that he was put in prison about a car accident in which there was a fatality but do not know where, that must have been from 1946. Can anyone give my some idea of how to tackle this. I tried the Detroit fire service but they could not help.
    jenny

bamagirl

Hi, Jennifer.

I wanted to post to let you know I've been thinking about this thread and your other one about WWII in Paisley. I tried the military angle and came up with nothing useful. I'll continue to think on it and let you know if I have any ideas. I just wanted you to know you are not being ignored.

-Barb

jennifer 150

Thanks Barb, will keep my fingers crossed
    jenny

bamagirl

Hi, Jenny.

I've got some other irons in the fire right now, but a search for newspaper archives from the area and time might yield some leads. Also criminal records from Illinois and Michigan. There are "black sheep" sites, but I haven't had the time to really look.

Other thoughts are State Archives and public Libraries. Sorry I don't have any specific places or links for you.

It's difficult to find the information you want without already having the information you want.
    Regards,
    Barb