There was an error in the post #18

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
Thanks Betsy for the information about draft registration.

As for Clyde - no I'm not building a srapbook. The reason I wanted the birth certificate was to nfirm that his mother was - prior to marriage - named Catherine Banning [or something similar] as this appears to be the name on the various family trees I've seen and also appears on the Missouri Find a Grave Index. As for the 1940 census, I would like to view it see if he was married or not and whether he had children prior to his marriage to my 1st cousin.

Colin
Clyde's parents were Benjamin Wiley Gipson and Maude E - formerlyFowler - who were married about 1909 I have not found the marriage itself, however the 1910 census has Bennie [as he is enumerated] and Maude living with a young couple named Floyd and Lena Savage in Big Hill, Osage County, Oklahoma. Neither couple is related to each other. Maude E. indicates her place of birth as Oklahoma and as such, I think it was in that State that they were married,

They had 2 sons born in Oklahoma - Clyde [3 Oct 1911] and Derrell [17 Feb. 1911]. If thes dates are correct, Clyde was premature Maude E. died aged 20 6 May 1912 in Maple City, Cowley County, Kansas. The 1900 census has Maude living with her parents and several siblings as well as her grandfather. Her father was a darmer and they lived on the reservation in Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory.

Colin