epenwell

Default BISHOP PENWELL from Barry Wales

I am trying to locate any descendants of Richard Bishop and Emma (nee Penwell), who in the 1901 Census were living at 99 Barry Road, Barry, and in the 1911 Census living at 51, Main Street, Barry, Glamorganshire. Richard was a Butcher. In the 1911 Census they have the following children: Edgar Richard Bishop age 12, Dorothy May Bishop age 10, Grace Ellen Bishop aged 8, Alice Louisa Bishop aged 6, Thomas William Bishop aged 5, Marjorie Bessie Bishop aged 4, and Winifred Bishop aged 2. I have no record of any of these children after the 1911 Census, although am aware that Emma Bishop drowned at Torquay in 1918. If you have any information on these children or better still a descendant please contact me. In 1901 Emma's brother Charles Penwell was living with them and he moved to Tonypandy where he also worked as a butcher.
    I Believe that the eldest child Edgar Richard Bishop, emigrated to Canada in 1929 aboard the SS Montrose, but haven't been able to trace any record of him in Canada.
    Eric

Nicolina

Edgar Richard BISHOP, last address in UK, 81 Main Street, Barry did emigrate to Canada on the "Montrose" leaving Southampton 6th April 1929, bound for St John, NB. He intended staying in Canada permanently.

epenwell

I have made some independant progress on the Bishops. Their address in the 1911 Census, was 81 Main Street not 51. I have found:
    Richard BISHOP had died in 1943 - his address was still listed at 81 Main Street.

D M BISHOP had married an I M LEWIS in 1930, but whether this relates I am unsure.

Grace Helen BISHOP not Ellen (as Richard wrote on the 1911 Census form). Married A CRAMP in 1933. Grace died in 1980.Possible two children with the fathers name Cramp and mother’s maiden name Bishop are:
    E A CRAMP born 1935, and married a G N. BARTLETT in 1957;
    M J CRAMP born 1939, and married a P R JONES in 1961.

Thomas William BISHOP born 1905. He was in the 1950 Phone book as still living at 81 Main Street, Barry and in 1943 his occupation had been listed as a butcher. In 1984 there was a T W BISHOP living at 259 Barry Road.

With this new information, was wondering whether anyone can provide me with more recent information on the people mentioned above, and any details on 81 Main Street - I have looked up the map on the internet, and the street view only says that the house numbers are only approximate, so can't be sure which is the correct house.
    Thanking you in advance for any assistance. Email me directly if any of these people may still be living.
    Last edited by MarkJ; 29-09-2012 at 9:49 PM. Reason: Possibly living people edited - see AUP

candy7010

Quote Originally Posted by epenwell View Post
    I am trying to locate any descendants of Richard Bishop and Emma (nee Penwell), who in the 1901 Census were living at 99 Barry Road, Barry, and in the 1911 Census living at 51, Main Street, Barry, Glamorganshire. Richard was a Butcher. In the 1911 Census they have the following children: Edgar Richard Bishop age 12, Dorothy May Bishop age 10, Grace Ellen Bishop aged 8, Alice Louisa Bishop aged 6, Thomas William Bishop aged 5, Marjorie Bessie Bishop aged 4, and Winifred Bishop aged 2. I have no record of any of these children after the 1911 Census, although am aware that Emma Bishop drowned at Torquay in 1918. If you have any information on these children or better still a descendant please contact me. In 1901 Emma's brother Charles Penwell was living with them and he moved to Tonypandy where he also worked as a butcher.
    I Believe that the eldest child Edgar Richard Bishop, emigrated to Canada in 1929 aboard the SS Montrose, but haven't been able to trace any record of him in Canada.
    Eric
    Hello My Name is Candy, my mother was Jane Margaret Cramp. My nana was Grace Helen Bishop (she married my grandfather Arthur Cramp) My Uncle Tom who lived in Barry is now dead. My uncle did move to Canada that was my Nana's brother. My grandfather Arthur Cramp worked as butcher with Uncle Tom, the butchers was in Cadoxton. My father is Peter Richard Jones. My Aunty is Anne Cramp. My Nana looked after all the children when her mother died. I remember my Aunty May and Winifred.

epenwell

Quote Originally Posted by candy7010 View Post
    Hello My Name is Candy, my mother was Jane Margaret Cramp. My nana was Grace Helen Bishop (she married my grandfather Arthur Cramp) My Uncle Tom who lived in Barry is now dead. My uncle did move to Canada that was my Nana's brother. My grandfather Arthur Cramp worked as butcher with Uncle Tom, the butchers was in Cadoxton. My father is Peter Richard Jones. My Aunty is Anne Cramp. My Nana looked after all the children when her mother died. I remember my Aunty May and Winifred.
    Hi Candy
    I have tried to send you a private message but got some error messages, so I, not sure whether you will get it. I am 99.9% sure that we are related. If you dont get the private message please reply through here.
    Regards Eric