epenwell

Default Penwell in Tonypandy

Hi
    I am trying to trace what happened to the family of Charles Penwell who in the 1911 Census, was recorded as a Butchers assistant living at 10 Adare Terrace, Tonypandy. He had married an Edith THOMAS from Dinas Powys in 1907. They had a number of children (Grace, William, Ivor, Iris, Glenys and Renee), born between 1909 and 1924. I have a record of a Charles discharge from the Military in 1918, with his address still the same. Would like to hear from anyone who knows of this family and what happened to any descendants.
    From
    Eric
    Wellington, New Zealand

Mutley

There is a December 1946 marriage on FreeBMD for Renee Penwell and Glyndwr J Evans at Paddington.

Very possible this couple had a son born in 1947 but we are not allowed to mention the names of possible living persons so search FreeBMD to find him.

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    There is a December 1946 marriage on FreeBMD for Renee Penwell and Glyndwr J Evans at Paddington.
    I don't know how common the name Renee Penwell is but in 1946 there is one living at 22a Surrey Road, Southwark on the Electoral Registers. She may have been the one married in Paddington.

P.S. Entering the name Renee Penwell into FreeBMD Births without any years only returns your lass.

Mutley

In the 1948 and 1949 Electoral Roll at 57 Westbourne Park Cres, Paddington are:
    Charles F Evans
    Glyndwr J Evans
    Renee Evans
    Betty Kennedy