royston

Thumbs up trying to download pdf files

Only for the last few weeks have experienced problems trying to download pdfs.
    Showing as runtime error and shutting down internet explorer.
    Any help appreciated

A gentleman, in every sense of the word. Geoff Wycherley's Avatar

never used ie for downloading pdf's, I use Nitro PDF programme, it is freeware and very good, it lets you write to a pdf document and a few other things. The other alternative is forge pdf dowloader another good programme for freeware.
    (hope I'm alright naming these items,if not apologies)

Coromandel

Are you using AVG, royston? If so the problem may be to do with a confict between the AVG toolbar and the latest verstion of Adobe Reader. There's a possible solution here (see the second answer, by Roger47):

https://
    answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/when-downloading-a-pdf-file-i-get-a-runtime-error/1ddad22d-7287-4c34-99c5-b3caf08ce35c

Reputation beyond repute

Try downloading it without opening it first (ie cut the Adobe plugin out of the equation). Right click and 'save as' IIRC.

Nicolina

instead of just trying to download it, opening it and then saving it should work. It is normally quicker that way so it shouldn't "time out". Also the time of day can make a difference. Try doownloading it at a time when less people are online.