Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    I went originally to "old maps" but, for some strange reason, I only tried the detailed 1884 map - none of the others - very odd. Now revisited and glad to confirm my sweating over "Purrier's 1908/9" got a result.
    Yes, well done.

Since Old Maps ditched their 'Enhanced Zoom' I find the 1:10,560 maps are hardly worth bothering with. You can only zoom in a little now, and trying to zoom in more with a browser just makes everything go fuzzy. The more detailed maps are still useful, though, if you can locate the right bit!

Agree - certainly miss the "enhanced zoom".
    Had no problem pinpointing the right area - lived in the street running parallel to "Hanover St" when first moved to Swansea.

JohnG_Swansea

Default Fynone Street, Swansea in 1881

Thank you one and all.

I've only just caught up with all the help, family affairs getting in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Snip, Snip .. .. Since Old Maps ditched their 'Enhanced Zoom' I find the 1:10,560 maps are hardly worth bothering with.
    Snip, Snip
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    snip, snip .. .. The more detailed maps are still useful, though, if you can locate the right bit!
    I have to admit that I now start with the 1:2500 series and this search is the first time that am aware that a 1:500 has been available.

This is why I am resigned to relying on my infrequnt visits to the Reference Library with access to high detail maps, for local searches.

I am most impressed with the help from so many different people, and it has been a real step forward in my learning curve.

And to think, tomorrow (Tuesday) I shall be in the area, so a slow drive past might well be in order, one thing for sure, it's so close to the shopping / commercial area, that stopping won't be a credible option, and knowing my luck the property will have been at the eastern end, where the new'ish block of flats is.

Thanks to you all.

JohnG,
    Swansea, south west Wales.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12