Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    terrysfamily

Default Probate lookups please

Would someone please give me the information on these 3 peoples probates found on An***try

Mark Frederick Carr 1885 Yorkshire
    Ida Drayton 1929 Yorkshire
    Thomas Drayton 1931 Yorkshire

Thanks in advance

Terry

mfwebb

Hi Terry,

1885 CARR Mark Frederick. 17 October. The will of Mark Frederick Carr late of Hive in the Parish of Eastrington in the County of York farmer who died 29 September 1885 at Hive was proved at YORK by William Hirst of Holme upon Spalding Moor in the said County farmer the sole executor. Personal Estate £77 15s.

1929 DRAYTON Ida of Beaulah House Riccall Yorkshire (wife of Thomas Drayton) died 3 May 1929 Probate York 19 July to the said Thomas Drayton retired provision merchant Ida Mary Harrison (wife of Alfred Harrison) and William Carr Wright commercial traveller. Effects £4536 0s 7d.

1932 DRAYTON Thomas of Beaulah House Riccall Yorkshire died 14 Decembsr 1931 Probate York 11 April to Ida Mary Harrison (wife of Alfred Harrison) and William Carr Wright commercial traveller. Effects £1814 19s 1d.

pottoka

Name: Ida Drayton
    Probate Date: 19 Jul 1929
    Death Date: 3 May 1929
    Death Place: Yorkshire, England
    Registry: Yorkshire, England

DRAYTON Ida of Beulah House Riccall Yorkshire (wife of Thomas Drayton) died 3 May 1929 Probate York 19 July to the said Thomas Drayton retired provision merchant Ida Mary Harrison (wife of Alfred Harrison) and William Carr Wright commercial traveller. Effects £4536 0s 7d

(I obviously don't type fast enough!)
    Last edited by pottoka; 26-07-2012 at 9:43 AM. Reason: Beaten to it, and by three to one!!

terrysfamily

Thank you very very much Malcolm. Those are the people I was hoping they were.

That's the father, daughter and son-in-law. Now to look for the mother and first husband of daughter.

Thank you very much. Just brilliant.

Terry

terrysfamily

Hello Pottoka, long time no see, good to see you, have missed you. Hope you're keeping well?

Thank you very much too

Terry

terrysfamily

Right, think I've found the wife of Mark Frederick Carr

Probate Harriet Carr 1913 Yorkshire (not sure if it's her though as Harriet died in 1910)

Probate William Wass 1875 Lincolnshire (first husband of Ida Drayton nee Carr)

So if someone would kindly have a look for me I would be extremely grateful.

Terry

pottoka

Hello Terry,

Not too bad, thanks. I trust you're flourishing?

I feel left behind on answering these posts though! I've only just worked out that the mother was Harriet Carr, née yet-to be-discovered from Scawby in Lincolnshire, and that she died in 1910, probably at Ida's house. It's a pity she she didn't make it to the 1911 Census and put on how many kids she'd had, as there seem to have been a whole lot.

There's nothing coming up on Ancestry for a will for her, I'm afraid, but I expect that by the time I've finished typing this, someone will have found it!

You're so lucky having ancestors who made wills; none of my silly lot did.

pottoka

Found Harriet Carr of 1913, but, as you said, she's not the right one, I'm afraid. She died in Swinton, Rotherham on 3rd February 1913.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Nice to see you aboutabitagain Lass.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

terrysfamily

Groom: Mark Carr, Single
    Bride: Harriet Beaulah, Single
    Marriage date: 13 Oct 1840, Kingston-Upon-Hull, York, England
    Grooms father: William Carr
    Brides father:John Beaulah

I see that the probate has Ida and Thomas dying at Beulah House Riccall Yorkshire

and in the 1861 census Ida Carr and her mother are staying with a Beaulah family in Broughton Hills, Broughton, Lincolnshire

Well up till a couple of days ago I thought I was on my last legs. I was waiting for x-ray results. Thank goodness they came back all clear. My fault for watching that stupid advert on the tv, the one that says if you've had a cough for over 3 weeks contact your doctor as it may be cancer. It put my life on hold for 2 weeks.

Maybe Harriet didn't have much left and that was why she was living with her daughter and so didn't leave a will.

Terry

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast