Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Nicolina

this lot seem so similar to mine, even the names are very similar, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were related. As for screaming, I'm nearly pulling my hair out but I don't think being bald would suit me.

MythicalMarian

Terry - I've had a look at Alfred Ernest's probate entry. He died 21 Jan 1951 in Huntingdon Road, York, if its any use, and his executors were Maurice Richmond Fox (solicitor) and Alfred Arthur Beulah Harrison (shop assistant) - if anything rings a bell?

ETA: Just scrolled back to see Mutley found these executors for Ida too. So this is more than likely the hubbie.

Nicolina

Alfred Arthur Beulah Harrison definitely rings bells. Terry and I came across him a few days ago.

terrysfamily

Thank you very much indeed MythicalMarian, That is him. Very kind of you.

Nicolina - Alfred Arthur Beulah (Beaulah) Harrison was the first child born to Alred and Ida. He was born in 1907.

Terry

Nicolina - Wilfred Pair Harrison was their 2nd son, that's what makes me think my contact has the wrong parents for Alfred. I think we found the correct ones the other day. But.... it is her family after all. She should know?!?

Nicolina

people are often wrong about their own families, Terry. Some-one starts a story and it gets embellished, Eventually it can be unrecognisable. I traced a line back to 964 AD (before computers), based on family stories, only to find out that none of the stories were true. A cousin in America was told a different set of stories about the same family.
    All we can do is follow the trail and see where is leads.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678