Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Colin Rowledge

Hi Tony

I've struck out in Canada and can't find him ever returning to the UK after 1905 [after his arrival]. He's not on the federal census for 1911 that I can see.

Sorry to be pretty useless.

Colin

Knowledgeable and helpful

Colin

Thanks for trying anyway. I appreciate it. It's a good thing that he wasn't on the Canadian 1911 census because he certainly was on the 1911 English census!

Corrections for anyone else responding. The English wife's name was Edith Annie Pegg, not as above, and the daughter was Edith Margery, again not as above. My fault!
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

Colin Rowledge

Hopefully something you don't know - it doesn't assist with William Thomas.

1] Their daughter married Leslie Hamilton Hubbard in Shardlow, Derbyshire R.D. vol.1st q. 1940. The marriage cert. will identify if daddy was still alive [hopefully]. Note middle initial is R. for Edith Margery if you order it.

2] Edith died in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. Here is the entry on National Probate Register Index:
    Edith Annie Vinesdied December 24, 1960. Her residence was 82 Hazel Gardens, Wisbech, Cambs. She was a widow. Admin. with Will - February 13, 1961 to Edith Margery Hubbard wife of Leslie Hamilton Hubbard.

Colin

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks again Colin (sorry for the delay in doing so). Your further pointers were apparently known to the contact searching for this man. However, I think that it is the disappearance of our man, at least from their viewpoint, and probably in Canada, that intrigues them most.

regards
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12