Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Mead View Post
    How? There is no connection back through the satellite and if there is no internet or phone connection out, then there is NO connecion.
    Big Brother gets paranoid?

I assume you get a satellite signal with SKY, and your TV is connected to via the dish. So real easy to track for SKY. The phone line is a separate issue.

Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by stepives View Post
    I assume you get a satellite signal with SKY, and your TV is connected to via the dish. So real easy to track for SKY. The phone line is a separate issue.
    our system is also via a satellite dish but we dis-connected the phone line to it years ago. So the phone line, itself, was not our problem, instead it appeared to be caused by electronic signals being sent by one device and picked up by the other.

Reputation beyond repute

I assume you get a satellite signal with SKY, and your TV is connected to via the dish. So real easy to track for SKY.
    How do you work that out? Or perhaps you think they can even see what you're doing in your living room?

There is no mechanism for Sky to track your viewing except through the phone line and then they're probably only interested in stuff that's relevant to billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    How do you work that out? Or perhaps you think they can even see what you're doing in your living room?

There is no mechanism for Sky to track your viewing except through the phone line and then they're probably only interested in stuff that's relevant to billing.
    Good job they can't see me sat in my string vest, and shorts. Every signal that's downloaded is traceable, when registered.

But, who cares.....not me.

Steve.

royston

Thanks to all for their input. Opinions very valued.
    Have now disconnected the phone line and internet good again.
    It still amazes me what Sky is capable of though. We have HD as an offer for a year.I shall then cancel that part of my contract.
    They did warn me that if I cancelled before the full year they could wipe any recordings from the hard disc.
    Thanks to all again
    RW

There will a lot more HD programmes coming to Sky, and eventually you'll an need HD box to view them. Not sure what Freeview progs are available in HD, if you cancel.

You will, eventually, need an HD box from whatever provider you use. Oh......and in the future, you'll need a 3D box at some point.

At least your internet is good again.

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12