Aber1929

Post Re John Lewis of Newbridge

Can SKS assist with a lookup for

John Lewis of "FRON HAUL" Main Rd, Newbridge , South Wales ........Died 1 Jan 1935.

Thanks in Advance

Cheers Pat Rossiter
    Australia.

Nicolina

do you have any other information? there are at least 3 possible deaths in the March quarter. Estimated dates of birth range from 1847 to 1877.

Brick wall demolition expert!

A post on this board identifies John Lewis a bit more clearly...

https://
    boards.ancestry.co.uk/localities.britisles.wales.mon.general/1970/mb.ashx?pnt=1

Checking the 1911 census, there is a John Lewis, wife Mary, daughter Helena and 2 boarders, listed at Fron Haul, Newbridge, Mon. John a Stone Mason and was born abt. 1852 in Llanfihangel, Carmarthenshire.

1911 census ref: RG14/32042; SN342.

Pat, what lookup are you after, it is unclear? Edit: I see you have posted this in the Wills forum. In which case, I take it you are asking for a check of the National Probate Calendar.

Aber1929

Sorry ,John a Stone Mason and was born abt. 1852 in Llanfihangel, Carmarthenshire

Aber1929

I asking for a check of the National Probate Calendar , As I do not have access.

Cheers Pat

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Aber1929 View Post
    I asking for a check of the National Probate Calendar
    I though so and I checked yesterday but there appears to be no entry in the calendar for a John LEWIS who died on 1 Jan 1935 in Monmouthshire.

There is only one entry in the calendar for a John LEWIS who died in 1935 in Monmouthshire. Specifically, he died on 27 Jan 1935 and he was of Yewtree Farm in Penhow. Probate was granted on the 20 February to Mary Harris Elswood (wife of Herbert Thomas Elswood).

I don't think this is your John as there were two John LEWIS deaths registered in the Newport registration district in 1935. The one who died age 82 (birth date abt. 1853) is presumably your John. The other John was aged 77 (birth date abt. 1858) - well there is an entry in the 1911 census for a John LEWIS born abt 1858 and he is living at Yew Tree Penhow.

Aber1929

Many Thanks for your hard work.....It appears he died without a will.

Cheers Pat
    Australia