Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Libby Weiss

Default Looking for "Woodbridges" from Albury

henry Woodbridge and family are listed in 1841 and 1851 Census for Albury and Tiddington Oxfordshire. Their son Thomas came to Australia in 1858 so I am trying to find the rest of the family.
    Elisabeth Weiss

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I assume this is the family in 1841 census. Living in Tiddington, Nr.Albury.

Henery Woodbridge-43. Occ. Farmer.
    Jane Woodbridge-18
    Ann Woodbridge-16
    Henery Woodbridge-14
    Elizabeth Woodbridge-13
    Thos Woodbridge-11
    Catherine Woodbridge-9
    John Woodbridge-8
    Rad Woodbridge-6
    Sarah Woodbridge-3

Steve.

Thomas Woodbridge was baptised 3rd April 1831 @ Albury. Son of Henry & Martha of Tiddinngton. (Abbreviated to Tid.) Occ Shoemaker.

Henry Woodbridge has had a various occupations according to the baptisms of his children. He has been a Baker, Shoemaker, Clerk of the parish and Farmer.

Henry Woodbridge married Martha Jones @ Albury, Oxon. 13 Dec 1819. Witnesses are George Tirrell & Sarah Verey.

Martha Woodbridge was buried 10 Feb 1841 @ Albury. Aged 43. (So she missed the census by a few months).

Steve.

Taken from OxFHS - Albury PR. Transcripts.

In 1851 census, Thomas Woodbridge(c1833) is a 'Footman' to the Shepperd family. His p,o,b is down as Tiddington, but transcribed a Filstinton(according to A******y).

Steve.

Rad Woodbridge in the 1841 census, is Richard Woodbridge.

Steve.

Libby Weiss

Hi Steve,
    Thank you ever so much for your information which is great. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me.I wonder if there is any other way that I can find out what happened to the other family members as I only know about Thomas coming to Australia.

Cheers Libby

Libby Weiss

Hi Steve, Thank you for this clarification. It is so good to see progress with my research as I have not found anyone to date who is researching the Woodbridges. libby

Libby Weiss

Thank you Steve for all this information. What is Ox FHS Albury PR Transcripts and is there any way I can access them on Line? That way I may discover what happened to the rest of the family. Cheers Libby

Libby Weiss

Hi Steve,
    Thank you for this great info. Do you mind me asking how I can find similar info re the rest of the family as in 1851 I think Henry has remarried and there are a few more children. Hope this is ok to ask this of you Libby.

Hi Libby.
    Oxfordshire Family History Society(OxFHS) have transcribed the Albury records onto CD. This is available to purchase from their web site. It also includes 6 other parishes on the same disc. They are not available online, as far as I'm aware.

From what I have found, Henry Woodbridge was buried in 1846 @ Albury(of Tid.). Aged 49. Maybe you have seen Woodbridge's from other branches of his siblings.(Haven't found Henery/Henry's birthplace yet.).

In the 1851 census, his 'apparent' 2nd wife Elizabeth (c1813)is from Somerset.
    Emily Woodbridge c1846, was baptised 7th Sep 1845 @ Albury. Daughter of Henry & Elizabeth. Occ.Farmer.

Emily Woodbridge is a servant in 1861 @ Great Milton and a servant in 1871 @ St George Hanover Square, in London.

This is the family in 1851 census @ Great Milton, Oxon.

Elizabeth Woodbridge-38. Somerset. (Widow).
    Mary Woodbridge-9. b.London.
    Emily Woodbridge-5 b.Tiddington.
    Charlote Woodbridge-3. b.Bath, Somersetshire.
    Chatterine Woodbridge-18. (Catherine). b.Tiddington.
    Richard Woodbridge-14. b.Tiddington.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is a possible marriage reg for Henry Woodbridge to Elizabeth Rossiter - J/A/S 1844. Reg. District - Headington, Oxfordshire. Vol.16. Page 99. (I doubt this would be his son Henry Junior(1827), as he would be only 17 yrs old).

Not sure how the other children from Bath & London fit in, if this is the same family.???

I'll keep looking to see what else I can find.

Steve.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast