Famous for offering help & advice

Thumbs up Met another cousin!

Isn't this genealogy stuff fun? This past weekend I have had a 2nd cousin from my Dad's paternal side visiting me. She drove up from New York State on Friday and between genealogy and sight-seeing we have had a fantastic time. We have a lot of similarities although our Thompson genes are watered down a bit from our grandfather's generation. One of the best parts is she had a picture of the house our grandfathers were raised in so now I have another photo to add to my collection!

Sue

PS... The moral of my story....never be shy about contacting family... the visits are well worth it.

Jan1954

That's great news, Sue!

I had a telephone call from a second cousin in New Zealand on Friday. He found me a couple of years ago through digging back and forth and we would love to meet some time to see how the Goldsmith genes have travelled.

It sounds as though you had a great time and yes - never be afraid of making contact with long lost rellies.

Colin Rowledge

Hi Sue - great that you met and had fun.

Just wish I could 'meet' all the cousins I've traced. My latest is a 5th cousin, born in 1949, named Paul.

Wonder if he'll ever know we are related?

Colin

Nicolina

it's a great feeling, isn't it Sue? I found one cousin via a Message Board. She'd posted a message and 4 years later I found it. I was also "found" (not sure how) by another cousin in Kentucky, whose existance I'd no idea about. Unfortunately we've not been able to meet, yet, but we have spent hours on the phone.
    I also attend an annual get-together with 20 - 30 others from my paternal side, all found via the Net. We have so much in common and enjoy our 3 days together.
    I totally agree with your postcript. Take the plunge and make contact.

spison

Great news Sue!
    Jane

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Sue PS... The moral of my story....never be shy about contacting family... the visits are well worth it.
    So good Sue, & so true. I'm enjoying Toronto visits along with established Ontario Family now, all due to a 'G'day' to a Family tree owner.
    So gratefull for internet access without which some things would never happen.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

janbooth

Fantastic Sue! I also took the plunge and contacted two of my father's siblings, whom I had never met because he was estranged from his family, and formed relationships with them (they have both since died) and also with cousins. It is a wonderful feeling and I feel so sad that, because of past rifts in Dad's family, he never kept in contact with his brother and sister whom apparently he was very close to as a child.

Janet

louann

Connecting with "unknown" rellies is one of the best parts of research. I've been in emailing a previously unknown 2nd cousin for over 18 months. When I sent some Photos of my family and myself she said she was taken aback by my likeness to her children. Finally, next month we will be meeting face to face for the first time!