p.mca

Default William Cood 1765

Born Tiverton 1765, married Mary 1791 in Tiverton, 9 children that I have found including my ancestor Harriet b 1809. I don't have a Fmp sub, would someone kindly see if the parish records have any more details of birth or marriage for William? Much appreciated in anticipation.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by p.mca View Post
    Born Tiverton 1765, married Mary 1791 in Tiverton.
    Where did you find this marriage?

As for fmp, I can't see any baptisms in Tiverton but I can see a marriage of a William COOD to a Mary in Calverleigh in 1789. Supplying you with any further details would breach their terms and conditions.

I just checked and Calverleigh is about 2 to 3 miles from Tiverton.

p.mca

OK confession time. I really have no idea. The 9 children are born between 1793 and1813 and are sourced from IGI matches for parents William Cood and mother Mary, birthplace Tiverton. Harriet Is wife of my ancestor John Burt b Tiverton 1812. The OPR for his marriage notes John Burt m Harriet Cude 23 Jun 1835. Later census records note her birthplace as Tiverton. I am reliably terrible at recording sources and just cannot find where I got the parents names William and Mary though I have supposed birthdates for both...

Brick wall demolition expert!

Harriet Is wife of my ancestor John Burt b Tiverton 1812. ...Later census records note her birthplace as Tiverton. I am reliably terrible at recording sources and just cannot find where I got the parents names William and Mary though I have supposed birthdates for both...
    I expect you got the parents for Harriet from Family Search as there is this extracted baptism record...

name: Harriett Cood
    baptism/christening date: 23 Oct 1809
    baptism/christening place: TIVERTON,DEVON,ENGLAND
    father's name: William Cood
    mother's name: Mary

OK confession time. I really have no idea. The 9 children are born between 1793 and1813 and are sourced from IGI matches for parents William Cood and mother Mary, birthplace Tiverton.
    A marriage in 1789 as per post #2 would fit with a child being born in 1793 but it's difficult to tell if it's the right one at this point. Have you found burials for William and Mary - is this how you estimated a birth date for William? Do you have an estimated birth date for Mary as well?

p.mca

That marriage would indeed fit. I don't have burial details for William or Mary. I have birthdate for Mary of 1771. I think this date and the birthdate for William probably came from familysearch also, but likely via the old version of the site which I always found easier to search with. I have no evidence to back up the dates otherwise. I have these details on my tree very much as shady possibilities at this time. Any other thoughts appreciated.