Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    As for baptisms that have been transcribed and on the web-site of the specific OPC, I have reviewed all baptisms for females regardless of given name and there is nothing that matches between 1832 and 1853 when the girl was aged 21.
    When you use an online database it is crucial to know whether it covers the places/times you want. Have you checked the coverage pages of the Cornwall OPC?

https://www.
    cornwall-opc-database.org/coverage/coverage-by-parish/

I would recommend that you get yourself a map of Cornwall parishes, print it out, then check each parish in the area where you think the baptism might have occurred to see if the Cornwall OPC covers that parish for the dates you want. Here's one parish map:

cornwalleng.com/map.html

It may well be that the child was baptised, but just somewhere you haven't looked yet. If the baptism isn't transcribed on Cornwall OPCs, FreeReg, FamilySearch or elsewhere, don't forget the great collection of Cornish parish register images on FamilySearch!

jac65

Hi Colin

A quick look at the Cornwall OPC site at Non-Conformist only shows some 66,000 baptisms. I don't know how good their coverage is but I didn't see any Catholic churches in the list.

I suspect that what they are transcribing are registers held at the Cornwall Record Office. If you look at Cornwall Towns and Parishes in Genuki you will find information about churches and church records for each place.

genuki.org.uk/big/eng/Cornwall/

Andy

Colin Rowledge

Thank you all for your comments, suggestion on where to go and all-in-all, there are a lot more places to check before I give up on finding a baptism and, ultimately, the mother.

Colin

JenniLl

Colin,
    Confirmation registers/records are kept separately from Baptismal registers and ought to be deposited at the local Record Office.

Looks like you have some research to do.....!

Jenni

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by JenniLl View Post
    Colin,
    Confirmation registers/records are kept separately from Baptismal registers and ought to be deposited at the local Record Office.

Looks like you have some research to do.....!

Jenni
    Am I correct in that the records for Constantine would be located at the Records Office in Falmouth?

JenniLl

Colin,

I had a quick peek and it does appear so. Look at Genuki - I don't have any Cornish ancestor, least wise not yet!

Jenni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12