Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Thanks again Peter. I may have to return with principal players in this set if I can't work it out. Rather not in case descendants who don't know the line see it & have conniptions.

BUT it doesn't help me to tiidy my files unless I work it out.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

I've seen Historical Directories for Kent for 1913 covering Chatham area, does anyone know if the C.D.s "1922 Kent Directory (Kelly's)" & "1918 Kent Directory (Kelly's)" have private residents as well as trade folk? 1924 looks good, but what's really on it?

There are several others but these two may answer my questions on Family.

Does anyone have access to a directory for same area 1916-1920s? to answer the above query?
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    ... does anyone know if the C.D.s "1922 Kent Directory (Kelly's)" & "1918 Kent Directory (Kelly's)" have private residents as well as trade folk?
    The 1922 directory says that it contains In the main towns each street and every numbered house is there, together with the head of household and their occupation. So I would think that private residents would be shown - well, heads of households.

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    1924 looks good, but what's really on it?
    On the 1924 Kent Directory each street and every house with a number is shown, with the head of household and their occupation.

Thanks Jan, was called away,will pick one later or tomorrow to be mine & cross my eyes that it does the job. Off I go again.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Right! C.D. ordered, am on the way to finding out-wo knows?, with the supply of Rellies I had around that area some-one may bob up. perchance a surprise or two.

Grateful thanks to staff of CityArk for fast service & very friendly, helpful assistance in this matter. Am a big fan of this group.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

RG14PN3912 RG78PN149 RD47 SD1 ED28 SN174

1911 RG14 Piece: 3912
    Medway 19 Fort Row Chatham:
    Emma A Martin 36 Widow, (Husband Alb.Geo.snr died 1903)
    Albert George Martin,son 14;Ernest Martin,son 7; Alfred martin,son 6;

Iwas quite excited to find two more previously unknown Cousins 2nd x-1, until a little clicking took place. I was unable to find definite recorded births of these lads so went into CityArk-as I do- thinking to find baptisms.

Searched all available Chatham records & not found the right Martins.

Howwwever, did find two Boys same first name + 2nd Christian name with different surname. Both had different residences same parents Emma Amelia & Man same name as boys. Found same on FreeBMD reg. Medway.

A Man with same last name was also at same addresses in 1904/5 & 1905/6.
    1901 a man, Ernest Martin was at 19 Fort Row.
    My Martin Family were in Sydney Rd.

Do I surmisde that these 4 boys are in fact just the 2 boys I began with/ or keep looking for the original pair-Martin?

I've found both boys online under the other name one with an Ancestry tree listing 'no Parents'.
    Regardless, they will stay in my tree as Brothers to my Cousin Albert G.even tho' unrelated to me.

I'd so like to be able to tell descendants of Ernest who his Parents may well have been but, maybe they sort of know or don't want to. Haven't heard back yet from either email sent. Reason for not yet giving other surname.

Thus the reason for my Electoral rolls/Directories query, hoping the boys would show up or their Mother, not thing, the boys wouldn't be old enough to be recorded.

Opinions sought please, where am I?
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12