jamsing

Default Farthing, Reginald or Frederick

I am researching my family and have traced back to my 2 gt grandfather Frederick farthing who was a Freeman of the city of London ? And he was also a master tailor.

Besides ancestry where else could I search? I know my gt grandfather was a barnardo child and I have contacted them to see what I can find.

My 2 x gr grandparents moved to south Africa where they both eventually passed away and my 2 x great grandfather's 2nd wife ? Brought all the kids home to lOndon and handed them over to the freeman orphanage could I get any info from them??

Jan1954

Hi jamsing - welcome to Brit-Gen

Do you have any approximate dates to go with Reginald or Frederick, please?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Is this Frederick William Farthing son of Edmond & Betsy Ann who,b.1842 married Priscilla styles in 1864?

The censuses up tp 1881 list his many children. & his will-proven in 1886 says he died in Kimberley Sth.Africa. A Mr Styles was one of the two executors

Have you tried following Children via marriages Military etc on Ancestry or FMP? If you don't have access to Anc. or FMP there are ways of helping you with info.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

https://www.clfs.surrey.sch.uk/home/history.html

They have a 'contact us' but you're more likely to have success at 'Archives in London and the M25 area'

www.aim25.ac.uk/
    Happy Families
    Wendy

jamsing

Hello jan thank you for your reply.

My 2x gt grandfather Frederick w. farthing was born 1842

Reginald my gt grandfather was born in 1880 and came to Canada early 1900's when he came over on the Sardinian ship and was sent to russel manitoba as one of the barnardo children.

jamsing

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Is this Frederick William Farthing son of Edmond & Betsy Ann who,b.1842 married Priscilla styles in 1864?

The censuses up tp 1881 list his many children. & his will-proven in 1886 says he died in Kimberley Sth.Africa. A Mr Styles was one of the two executors

Have you tried following Children via marriages Military etc on Ancestry or FMP? If you don't have access to Anc. or FMP there are ways of helping you with info.
    Yes this is the same Fredrick that is my 2 x gt grandfather and Priscilla is my 2x gr grandmother

I will try both links and see where this takes me. What an incredible journey I wished I lived in London lol it would make the searching maybe easier

jamsing

What would I type in for searchIng with that aim25 link?

I would think 'orhanage' would bring it up. I didnt look right into this link as I'm not wxperienced with Gov't edpartments. However some of our members are a whizz at that.

I sometimes wishe I could visit London, but I do love life here.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a...ails.asp?LR=74

Email: [email protected]

Happy Families
    Wendy

jamsing

Thank you do much I hope we can chat again really soon.