Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov19 View Post
    Hi Rose,
    As of 31st March 2014, you can now search for Northern Ireland BMDs online:
    Births 1864-1914
    Marriages 1845-1939
    Deaths 1864-1964
    More info at: https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk
    I haven't tried it yet but understand you can view certificates for the equivalent of £2 - much cheaper than buying them. I'm not sure if you can save or download the images - perhaps Elwyn can advise, as I know he is an expert re NI records.

Christine
    Officially you can’t download the images and if you try to do so, you get a warning message from GRONI on the screen explaining that it’s not permitted. However I have seen messages on other boards from people who have found various ways of overcoming that. (The most obvious being to just take a picture of the image).
    ELWYN

GaDoinks

Hi Christine, Thank you that was a great help and so interesting. I printed out the death record and the Ulster declaration, brave women! I agree with you that it is strange that James isn't recorded during that time. I seem to remember seeing that Thomas traveled to the states in 1901 and I didn't see who was with him, but I can perhaps start hunting for that. Perhaps he traveled to the states or to UK. I suspect that he also must have gone to war.
    I want to find out what happened to Thomas's siblings. Marion I know died at 21, but the others I can't pick up on, they are, Annie DOB 1900, Marion,1902,Margaret,1908, James 1909. Plus Thomas's marriage to Lily M'Clements I have to question as she apparently died in 1917 and the marriage was 25 Dec 1919. I have made to contact with the William Brown side of the family and the existing family don't know what happened to the Boyd, there must be some family from Thomas's siblings who would have information if only I can find them. Thanks again for your help. Rose Maytham born Moira Boyd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12