Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bamagirl

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Looking closer at the surname of Elizabeth Jane, the name - Gillum - could be a mis-transcription and given the way that name was written, the actual name probably is GILLIAM.

Does this help?

If so, I can post a little more detail that I have gleaned from a tree on A. which was compiled by a person who is a direct descendant of David Terriall and Elizabeth Jane and there would appear to be evidence of documentation to support these findings.

Colin
    Hi, Colin. Since you were unsure before the details went public, the searching I did was on any surname that looked even remotely like Gillum, but thanks for that input.

I haven't had a chance to get back with my private source. Had a lot of family goings-on. I'll try to follow-up with her today or tomorrow.

I was wondering, given the timelines and locations if the family had any connection with the "Indian Removal" a.k.a. "Trail of Tears" that happened across the southeast in the 1830's. That's total speculation on my part.

I saw a forum thread about the Ferguson clan that said David had some brothers and they came from Georgia through Bedford County, Tennessee. Here's that link (broken up since it's on A...)

https://boards.
    ancestry.com/surnames.ferguson/2603.2756/mb.ashx

Here's the link to that DNA study, which turns out is not that useful, but your cousin may find interesting:

https://dna.
    cfsna.net/Participants/index.htm

CTRL+F to find David's record.

Gotta go.
    Barb

Colin Rowledge

Don't know if what I am about to impart helps or not, but here it is.

Elizabeth Jane had a brother - name of Spencer. He was born in Tennessee about 1817 and died in Carroll County, Arkansas on 16 November 1869. He left a Will and a transcription of it I found on a tree on A. It was probated and the executor was David T. Ferguson, the spouse of Elizabeth Jane.

It names his wife Anna, 2 daughters [that would appear to be over the age of 21 and from a previous marriage] and a son also from the previous marriage.

He married Anna in 1857 - maiden name Moyers or Myers - and they had a daughter in 1859. This is indicated on the 1860 census.

Colin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12