Thread: Jackson Sibling

Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Jackson Sibling

On the 1911 census it states my G Gran had 7 children 5 living, I can account for 6 of them inc my Gran but would like to find the 7th to complete the family, I have tried searching births in the area using the biggest gaps between children as a guide..what I have so far, I dont have access to Witton baptisms but know the older siblings were baptised there.

Sarah Annie Jackson 1878 Northwich Cheshire
    Thomas Lowe Jackson 1880-1886 Northwich
    Richard Lowe Jackson 1882 Northwich
    Florence Jackson 1888 Northwich-my Gran
    Twins:
    Lydia Elizabeth 1893 Rhodes Lancs
    Nellie Jackson 1893 Rhodes Lancs

The family located to Lancs sometime between Florence and the twins birth so between 1888-1893
    The missing sibling is not on any census so must have been born and died between census years.
    Looking at the birth years I am looking somewhere between 1882-1888 Northwich or 1888-1893 Northwich or Lancs

Of course always the possibility that their was another child after the twins..but I am reasonably sure my G Gran was deserted by then ( family story)

See the family here:
    1901 RG12; Piece: 3319; Folio: 31; Page: 31-Rhodes Middleton..Reg district Oldham
    1891 RG12; Piece: 3319; Folio: 31; Page: 31-Rhodes
    1881 RG11; Piece: 3526; Folio: 28; Page: 1-Witton Northwich ( originally wrongly transcribed as Larkin)

My G Gandad William is not with the family in 1901 he is living with a widow and her daughter in Bury, and 1911 my G Gran is descibed as widow even though my G Grandad was still alive, still living in Bury,we think he may have deserted the family at some stage...which raises some questions as to whether the twins were actually his.
    But at this stage all I really need is a little help trying to work out the 7th sibling, I feel it will be a female as both sons had their mothers maiden name of Lowe for middle names and I can find no other males with Lowe for Middle names..this has carried on to the next generation with the males being named Lowe Jackson, I realise i may need to purchase birth certs at some stage but would like to narrow down the suspects!

Thanks in advance for any advice or help with this little problem..Val

Quote Originally Posted by valg View Post
    OI feel it will be a female as both sons had their mothers maiden name of Lowe for middle names and I can find no other males with Lowe for Middle names..
    What about this one?

Death 1890
    JACKSON Thomas William Lowe 0 Middleton Rochdale

This is from the Lancashire BMD. There is also a birth in 1890 for a Thomas W L JACKSON.

Further to the above, the GRO indexes have this...

Birth Jun 1890 Oldham 8D 698
    JACKSON, Thomas William L

Death Dec 1890 Oldham 8D 612

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Further to the above, the GRO indexes have this...

Birth Jun 1890 Oldham 8D 698

Death Dec 1890 Oldham 8D 612
    My goodness thank you so much, I need a new set of eyes, was to concerned looking for Lowe as a middle name didnt concider a 3rd Christian name...very happy as that now completes my Grans siblings.

William was the father and Joseph the maternal grandfather...sadly was the second try at using Thomas as the first Thomas sibling died in 1880.
    The twins were also reg at Oldham.

Will get birth cert just to make sure...thank you again.

recieved certs confirming this info is correct..thank you again val

recieved certs confirming this info is correct..thank you again val
    Excellent. Thanks for updating us and I'm so glad it turned out to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Excellent. Thanks for updating us and I'm so glad it turned out to be correct.
    Sad they lost 2 sons named Thomas..this one at 7 months from Scarlett Fever..hard times back then..

Sad they lost 2 sons named Thomas..this one at 7 months from Scarlett Fever..hard times back then..
    It is sad. For my own family history I have accumulated many death certificates, yet on a number of occasions when a death certificate has arrived and it was for a young child - well it really gets to you.

I also have a number of cases in my tree where the parents lost a child then gave the same name to a subsequent child, only to lose that child as well - as if the name itself was doomed. In one case, three sons each named after the father ended up dying.

Heart breaking for the parents.

Yes I have encountered that also, sons given a name that seems almost jinxed..I also have family that used the name George over a period of about 15 yrs for 3 sons and all died..I wonder if my G Grandparents had another son later if they would have used Joseph again, it was my G Grans fathers name, luckily they had twin girls last so will never know.