Colin Rowledge

Default 4X Gt.-Grandparents and their children - help

With such a common name - Thomas Ball - it is not surprising that I can find so many 'possibles' on familysearch that I just don't know which Thomas Ball is mine.

My suspicion is that he was from Cornwall and lived most of his life in St. Keverne where he was a labourer.

The 1st sighting of him is with the baptsims of his and his 'spouse' Susanna's 6 children in St. Keverne, The children were:John [Nov. 22, 1784], Ann [Nov. 20, 1786] - my 3Xgt-GM, Thomas [Jul. 5, 1789] William [Feb. 12, 1792], Nicholas [Oct. 5, 1794] and Susanna [Jan. 31, 1797]

I have seperate threads on Ann and her 2 illegitimate children and I want to keep those active, so this thread is designed to trace her parents and siblings.

Here is what I know about the 5 other children:
    Nicholas died in St. Keverne and was buried there on March 29, 1796. It is likely that Ann baptised her son as Nicholas in memory of him.

William married Ann Mankee or Mankey on August 21, 1822.They had a child - Mary - baptised in St. Keverne on November 1823. In the 1841 census William and Mary are together with no other children. Their daughter is not at home but is in St. Keverne working as a Female Servant. In the 1851 census William is living in Porthalloe and is enumerated as age 64 [born abt. 1787] which is 5 years before his baptism date which seems inconsistent. He is still married, his spouse is not in residence and he is an Ag. Labourer.He died in St. Keverne and was buried on February 8, 1854.

Thomas married Jane Champion in St. Keverne on October 27, 1811

As for the others - John and Susanna - I am still looking.

For the parents, I can find no suitable marriage at present. Both were deceased by the end of 1820. From the burial records I have seen, it would appear that Susanna was aged about 50 and was buried in St. Keverne on September 11, 1810. This makes her year of birth 1760. Thomas died 10 years later and was buried as a Pauper aged about 59 on November 1, 1820.His residence at death was Longmeadow Lane in St. Keverne. This makes his year of birth 1761

As I continue digging I will add to this thread, but am hopeful of some assistance in the meantime.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Just bumping this with an update.

A John Ball married Ann Polkinhorne in St. Keverne on 2 November 1802.

Mighty 'slim pickings'