Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sandra Parker

Well this time the boot's on the other foot!
    NLA is looking for missing newspapers to add to their collection. Maybe you might have one of them in your collection.
    Visit https://www.nla.gov.au/australian-newspaper-plan and see what's missing.
    Sandra

Sandra Parker

Trove now provides access to the following newspapers: The South-Western News and The Pilbarra Goldfield News from Western Australia, The Narracoorte Herald from South Australia, and the Catholic Freeman’s Journal.

sandra

Hello Sandra
    Thank you for keeping us up to date with the additions to Trove. It is one less thing my addled brain has to try and remember.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Spike Harwood

Thank you, Sandra. Looking up the Narracoorte Herald right now. I have an interest in Australian McIntosh families and Naracoorte/Kincraig was founded by William McIntosh.

Spike

bobbyfamilytree

I've been using this feature for a few years. I get articles (surname specific) emailed to me from Trove (newspapers) as soon as they have been scanned and put online.

If you are interested, heres how. Click on the link and you'll see Gambrill articles. Now change that to whatever surname you are interested in.
    https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?q=gambrill

Then go to the bottom of the page and you'll see 'Subscribe to this web feed'
    Keep that subscribe link handy.

Now open https://blogtrottr.com/ and you'll see where to enter a website address (which is the 'Subscribe to this web feed' link as above)/email/and delivery times. So i'll be adding https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?q=gambrill&rss and my email and delivery times and viola!

As this only gives you articles that have been added from here on in, you'll need to search manually for those added in the past. I find i get emails in batches, my crew lived in the same areas mostly so I tend to get emails in batches. But it really saves time and a lot of effort that you can put into something else.

Please note this may need a little updating but hope it provides some guidance.

Sandra Parker

The latest from Trove includes blog posts celebrated Family History Month sharing personal research stories and the second post listed Trove tips for family historians.
    Trove has also added the collections of the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre, the Health Museum of South Australia and the Australian Jazz Museum’s quarterly magazine Vjazz.

Sandra

Sandra Parker

Now available through Trove is The Age, the major daily from Melbourne, the Goomalling-Dowerin Mail and the Mount Magnet Miner and Lennonville Leader from Western Australia. These titles have been digitised by the Library through its Australian Newspaper Plan program.
    Sandra

Knowledgeable and helpful

Many thanks Sandra. Two of the families I am researching lived in Melbourne so "The Age" is a welcome addition.

David

Sandra Parker

This year Trove turns five and so they're’re taking over the month. Welcome to TROVEmber, when they celebrate how Trove has influenced research, changed lives and entertained. We’ll also be sharing some thoughts about the future of Trove.

They are seeking your support to maintain and develop this much-loved service as they want to keep Trove free, keep it fast, enrich its unique Australian content, and extend Trove’s reach into all sectors of the Australian community.
    trove.nla.gov.au

Sandra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12