Knowledgeable and helpful

Default obscure relations

and I don't mean hiding behind curtains.

As one who gets easily sidetracked down branches and twigs further and further to the main trunk of my tree I recently found a brother ( black sheep of the family according to wiki) of Benjamin Disraeli married the "grand niece of the wife of my 1st cousin 5 times removed".

Makes a nice change to have found someone less than perfect after all the Methodist and Baptist ministers in the other sie of the family!

Jan1954

Ooh! I love those really distant relations who suddenly throw a bit of colour into the mix.

I cannot remember how we would have been related, as it is rather convoluted, but Rose Harsent who was the victim in the Peasonhall Murder was an extremely distant cousin.
    https://
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peasenhall_Murder

I like the black sheep if only because they usually have a record of their appearance and stuff in their police records or court records - or in my ancestors case the reviews of their acting performances. The British Library Newspaper Archive is a fantastic place for finding that sort of ancestor.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

historyangel

Ah I see you have posted on both obscure famous relative boards.