sharperesidence

Default Glen Cove Births and Deaths

I am trying to find the birth of Doris Burden around 1915 to George (Alexander Albert) Burden and Rosina. also the deaths of George and Rosina which will be after 1940

any ideas
    thak you

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hello Sharpy
    it would help if you could give a bit more information,Town or County perhaps mothers maiden name.

Any way this is what I found, 1915 no Doris registered under the name of BURDEN.

Oct, Nov, Dec 1914 Doris BURDEN, Mothers maiden name MORLEY, Registered in Mansfield GRO Ref:7b 144

Robert

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by maesglas/ssclub View Post
    Oct, Nov, Dec 1914 Doris BURDEN, Mothers maiden name MORLEY, Registered in Mansfield GRO Ref:7b 144
    Hi Robert, I don't think that this will be who Sharpy is looking for, I'm afraid. The title of the thread is Glen Cove Births and Deaths and, as far as I can make out, (thank you wikipedia) Glen Cove is in Nassau County, New York.

The 1930 US census for Frost Street, Glen Cove, Nassau County NY, shows George and Rosina with daughters Violet (22) born England and Doris (14) born New York (state). The family are shown as coming to the US in 1914.

The 1920 Glen Cove census shows Doris as being 4 years and 4 months old (enumerated on 13th January 1920) and also has daughter Ethel (14) in addition to Violet (12)
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Im glad somebody found it after my boob boo, well done Sue.

Jan, I will have to borrow your nick name.

Thats what happens when you have a lay in.
    Robert