spison

Default George JONES b.1837 d. no idea!

My G-G-Grandfather, George Jones (b.1837), a shoemaker, was living at 10 Drydon Street, Manchester, with his second wife, Martha Jones nee Fearnley (a machinist), and her children in 1901. George and Martha were born in Warrington, Lancashire (Yes I know it's different now.) I have George in every census in Warrington but he has moved to Manchester for 1901. A couple of his sons were still in and around Warrington in 1901 but two (including my g-grandfather) had moved to Newport, Monmouthshire by this time. I can't find George in 1911 and can't really tie down any death worth considering purchasing before this time. I suspect (don't have the certificate) that Martha died in 1918 in Warrington. I can't find Martha in 1911 either. By this stage NONE of his family had emigrated. Can anyone find him? I regularly search but perhaps it needs a new set of eyes (and the census is free this weekend.)

Brick wall demolition expert!

FMP has the following Geroge Jones living with a Martha Jones in 1911

Household JONES, George 1834 77 M Islington London
    Institution JONES, George 1841 70 M Lambeth London
    Household JONES, George 1840 71 M Oswestry Shropshire
    Institution JONES, George 1841 70 M Bridgend Glamorganshire
    Household JONES, George 1840 71 M Neath Glamorganshire
    Household JONES, George Edward 1836 75 M Newton Abbot Devonshire

The Oswestry one looks the most likely.

spison

Thanks very much for looking for George, Raffaele. He's awkward isn't he? I will follow through these men and their households and see how I go.
    Jane